Just got a new 50'' Plasma television

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sherry8, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Wow....they are so nice to watch... We decided to go ahead and update to a HD tv and we went out last week and found one and a stand for it too...they delivered it on Saturday so we haven't had a lot of time to watch it but the nature shows are so terrific and colorful. We got a Pioneer if anyone knows the kinds....this is our Christmas, Birthday, etc. presents for a while..Of course I told my husband that he can still buy me flowers if he would like..LOL I love the size of the screen...50 inches..I can even watch it without my glasses. :-D

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Now THAT is a nice TV! LOL

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Sherry I know you are thrilled. I was, when I got my 42" about a year ago. And I know what you mean about certain stations. I love Animal Planet. Looks like the tigers, bears, etc. are coming through the screen. I am so happy for you, and know you will enjoy it. ;)

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We still have an old analog TV which runs off a wireless hub. We don't watch enough TV to justify getting another one at the moment but I can understand why you are so thrilled Sherry. 50" certainly makes our seem a tad on the small side.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Yippee! Great news, Sherry. Enjoy that thing as much as you can. Watching nature shows on the telly is always such a pleasure, this new telly of yours just enhances the experience. well done, guys.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We don't watch tv. Once in awhile a movie on the dvd player. I've seen the big ones in Costco and Sam's Club and thought about one. They are really bright and things are so clear. But they wouldn't be worth the price to us. dooley

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Congratulations on your new, big TV, Sherry! :D Enjoy it to the fullest.

9. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We got a new 37" 2 years ago and we were so impressed with it. It to is an HD but we don't have HD reception. We are on a satellite, but not HD. Just the difference between digital and analog was amazing! I have seen HD reception and to me there isn't that much of s difference.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Congrats on the new TV, goodness I would have to take out a wall in the livingroom to make room for one that size. Don't know if we will buy an HDTV next year or not, we have the converter box to get us thru until we make up our mind.

11. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Congratulations Sherry.

And a lovely big one too. 8)

Enjoy. I still need to squint my eyes when watching TV without my glasses.

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I do love the programs in High Definition...I can tell the difference. The nature and anything with water is awesome and I can't wait to watch the Packers play football in HD this Sunday...Sherry

13. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Wow!!!!! What a great tv you got Sherry.Congrats.

14. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

tv

We got a 46 inch afew months ago I love it , Thats what I do at night to relax after ahard day of work, My husband likes to fool with the computer to relax but I cant sit there very long at the computer,I get siff after sitting very long.except when I get talking to my friends at garden stew. then I sit here forever, its so much fun looking at pictures and talking.
    Enjoy your Tv.
    Margie

15. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Margie...I am glad you like your television...the only problem I have is when I sit in front of the tv and get my feet up in my recliner, I fall asleep once in a while. I am an early riser, lately 4 in the morning. My husband gets up for work at 5:15 most of the time so if I am not awake before , I am at that time...Sherry