K C I T P

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Desert Rat, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

K C I T P
    (keep condiments in their place)

A grass roots organization dedicated to ending the unnatural practice of ketchup bottles that stand on their lids.

[​IMG]
    KCIPT Keep condiments in their place ( photo / image / picture from Desert Rat's Garden )

KCITP
    One million strong against upside down ketchup bottles.

dr

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

And mustard should not come in squeeze bottles! Mustard was made to come in wide-mouth glass jars so you can scrape the very last bit out.
    Ketchup and mustard are integral parts of a well-balanced diet, and should be respected as such. :smt018

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I guess I am no help though. When the bottle is near empty, I am guilty of turning it upsidedown to get the very last of the ketchup out of the bottle. It is definitely easier to get all the mustard from a regular wide mouth jar, but try finding them for 89 cents... :(

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Anightowl, I am even worse--ketchup is an ingredient in the meat loaf I make, and I'll even add a tad of water or beef broth to the bottle, give it a good shake, and get the very last vestige of ketchup out.
    And you are absolutely right--only the expensive Dijon mustard comes in glass jars now. Everything else is in a squeeze bottle. Believe me, I have let the mustard manufacturers know of my displeasure, but they continue in their waywardness.

Advertisement
  5. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I also do the thing with water or broth to shake around and get out the last drop of ketchup for whatever I am making-- meatloaf or BBQ. It is one of my "secret ingredients" ;)

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We stopped for lunch today and dr kept going around to the empty tables in our section and turning the upside down bottles right side up. The girl busing the tables would come through, stop and turn them upside down again. This went on for a good hour.
    Also, to get the last of the ketchup out of the bottle put a bit of vinegar in it and shake it. It doesn't dilute the ketchup like water does.

dooley

Frank likes this.
  7. CaribooValley

CaribooValley Seedling

So funny! I looked at the thread title and the curiosity got me to check this out. Love your Tshirt!

I'm also guilty of turning the bottles, sorry :)

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

We presented the entire story of KCITP
    to the Madison County Writer's Guild last night. I think we may have some new members for our anti upside down ketchup bottle cause.

dr

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Sorry DR...but I LIKE the upside down ketchup bottles!! That way, I never have to wait for the ketchup to get to the squeezer, it's already waiting there!!
    BUT the label has to be upside down too or my OCD kicks in ;)

10. dooley

Netty, can you pm me your address. dr wants to send you a copy of his presentation that he made to the Writer's Guild.

dooley

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's song Alice's Restaurant. One verse is about everyone singing about Alice's Restaurant and it becomes a "movement".
    Desert Rat, you may have started a movement!

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well DR-- I thought that my country was well known for protesting for this and that sort of thing, but I have not yet heard of your organization.

What is it about the placement of bottles on their lids that you take exception to? Well, you have said that it is unnatural...are there other objections?

Over here there are a number of things like sauces for salad, catsup, mayo and so forth that are available in normal and top balance moldels.

I have to say that the mayo brand that we like we got in a plastic "upside down" bottle for the first time last shopping day. It is terrible because every time that we open it it "spits" a spattering glob of mayo out the end just as the top is flikked-open. Not cool.

In contrast, the catsup bottle is the conventional sort that one must pound the bottom of, to get he thick catcup out of....and that results also is a splattering amount over the food, tablecloth and water glass.That isn't good either.

I enjoyed reading how you and Dooley would be practising militant activities in the restaurant. Dear me--that poor waitress. chuckle.

Good luck with your protest.

13. dooley

Two things, Sjoerd! I made him leave the girl a good tip! Hold your ketchup bottle at a 60-70 degree angle and instead of hitting the bottom, use your 4 fingers on the other hand and tap on side of the bottle. It will come out slow and smooth.
    dr says every "old grouch" has to have a cause.

dooley

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have had a good laugh at this .You have to know Dr to know how funny this is.I want a copy of his presentation Laura.

15. dooley

Sjoerd we will send you a copy of the presentation I made on KCITP to the Madison County Writer's Guild. When you read it you will understand how tongue in cheek it is and why I object to upside down bottles. Your experience with the mayonnaise is at least part of my objection. Thank you for your comment.

dr