Kansas Girl

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by ruthie4659, May 2, 2006.

1. ruthie4659

ruthie4659 New Seed

Hi everyone. I just joined recently. Thought I'd share a bit about myself. I've lived in Kansas all my life and love it. The summers are a bit hot for me though. I've been married almost 4 years and we have a 2 year old. She's fun and loves to be outside helping mommy water and dead head. :) I worked at a very large nursery here for about 4 years prebaby and now I'm at the other largest nursery in town. I've been there for a year. I love it and it's something different every day. I look forward to sharing info and learning new things.
    Ruthie Lou

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. utopia7697
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Mori
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:wave: Ruthie.

Really good to learn a little more about you. What's your little girls name? It sounds as though you're getting her trained well by letting her help out in the garden. Start 'em young I say and that way their interest just grows and grows!! :-D

When you say nursery do you mean as in plants (always my first thought) or children? Oh I do sooooo hope it's plants because then you can help us all out when we need plants IDing! ;)

I'm off to put bark chippings on my flower beds but I'll catch up with you later again.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

So many interesting people joining the site nowadays and now we have one more, welcome Ruthie Lou! :wave: I agree with Eileen above, I really hope you meant a nursery of the garden variety. That would be just great. Promise you won't keep us in suspense ok? :D

I really look forward to learning more about you and that you become a regular here to GardenStew. We have lots of fun :sete_018:

5. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hello and welcome Ruthie :setc_005: 8) Bugs

Advertisement
  6. ruthie4659

ruthie4659 New Seed

Yes, a garden nursery. The first one grew all their own trees and the retail area covered about 15 or 20 acres. I was also their store manager for about a year before I had Rebekah. (Our daughter) Where I work now gorws a lot of their own flowers and veggies etc., but not the trees. We also have 3 locations. But I work at the nicest one and the headquarters. I really love it. It's nice to be submersed in what you love all day long. The downfall is that you see all this cool stuff....that you just HAVE to have.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh you are soooo lucky working in a plant nursery!!!! If I worked in one hardly anyone would be able to buy any of the stock because I'd have it all in my garden!!!!!! :D

Btw Rebekah is a beautiful name. :-D