Kitchen Help!

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by bella, Jun 18, 2008.

1. bella

bella New Seed

I just recently laid an indian multi colored slate floor.It has a lot of burgundy yellows some green on mainly a dark gray background.I also installed cherry cabinets to pick up on the burgundy in the floor.I am now sitting here looking at countertop options and my boyfriend wants to go with a beige countertop that simulates the granite colors Gialloara Bescato just a little darker.I was going to paint the wall beige.I do understand it does look great on the cabinet with the brownish reddish tones but is it too much with this dark slate floor.Please give me some ideas.This kitchen redo was supposed to be just flooring and now we are doing everything and if I knew this I would have went totally another way!Thank you...http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/nayababy81/SLATE1.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Do you happen to have a picture of the cabinets too? What about using a black counter top to match the floor? If you try to match the cabinets, make sure to bring a large sample piece home to make sure they do indeed match.

I've got black counter tops, which I like, but hate the laminate. I plan to replace them with something nicer, or concrete counters eventually. We've painted the walls a terra cotta brown to match the floor since this photo was taken.

My kitchen