Ligularia

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Petronius, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

Have you planted Ligularia in the shade garden?

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Never had any @Petronius sorry :(….I have to check the plant names as i'm useless regarding remembering :mad:

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I have it in my shade area. It took a little while but now it is spreading and the main plant is getting very tall. As it spread I remove them and pot them up for sale. I keep a sale area under the pine trees for when people come to see our gardens.

At first I didn't realize it was REALLY a shade lover and put it in the sun...when it got sunny or hot it fell flat to the ground. It was quickly moved to shade. I didn't think I would love it like I do. It is one plant that will not forgive you for giving it too much sun...for sure.

20180831_163557.jpg

20180831_163624.jpg

As you can see the one that spread didn't put itself in the best place, for the lower leaves are beginning to flatten down to the ground. This day was a wet and rainy so it is not from being dry at all..just the sun and heat.

4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Lovely plant waretrop...I brought two Astilbles where they was supposed to be ok in sun plus the lady at the garden centre said yes :mad:….they've had to be moved by the fencing where it's the only place that catches slight shade so disappointed :(

5. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine