Liverpool Newbie!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Teddy_Edwards, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Teddy_Edwards

Teddy_Edwards New Seed

Hi all.

Have lurked for ages in Gardenstew and have found many solutions to various problems, but I thought it was about time I registered!

My gardening experience dates back to when I was very small and used to help my Dad plant stuff in the garden. At the age of four it was limited to pulling up the odd flower mistaken for a weed and looking for worms and other mini beasts underneath his gnomes! But, I gre up helping Dad plant stuff and even though he is no longer with me, I can still hear his voice saying the plant names when I look at them in the garden centres!

I had a dry spell where I didn't garden, but now I help look after my Father-in-Laws' garden, which is huge. So much land I don't really know what to do with it. Last year we were just re-claiming the land that had been given over to nettles and bindweed, but this year, I've actually got some plants growing where they are supposed to! Hubby and i even built a rockery (of sorts) in which I have lots of Saxifrage doing rather well!

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all and to exchanging ideas. You can be sure I'll be asking for a lot of help!!

Jackie

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Greenbeans
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. New at planting
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

So you are one of the many lurkers! HAHA! Welcome! Cant wait to see pics and chat with you!

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hi Jackie, I'm a newcomer myself, and so far everyone has been so nice and friendly. It is really good to be able to share a common bond with people from all over the world.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Heya Jackie, great to have a lurker finally become a Stewer! :D If you have hung around for a while you will probably know that we like to have a lot of fun here! I really enjoyed reading your story :D

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hey Hey glad you decided to join us .I am really fairly new myself but feel like been here much longer as everyone is so great on here.Look forward to seeing some of your goodies.

7. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

HI JACKIE!!! We are so glad you joined and not just a lurker anymore!! We all look forward to sharing alot with you especially all the fun we have!!!

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Hi, Jackie! Welcome to our gardening place. We do have lots of fun but some serious topics too. Dooley

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

[​IMG]

Hi there Jackie. So glad you're now 'one of us'!!! :D You do realise though that once you register here at GardenStew you'll become an addict just like us in no time at all. :D :D

10. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Hello to Jackie, and to all the lurkers out there! *wave*

Do pop out and post now and then, will ya?

11. Teddy_Edwards

Teddy_Edwards New Seed

Thanks for the warm welcomes ...

Yes, having lurked for a while I know that there is a lot of fun to be had in here as well as a wealth of information to be willingly and gladly shared.

I hope to be able to post some pics soon, but in the meantime I will feast my eyes on everyone elses plots and hopefully get some inspiration.

Cheers again, I'm looking forward to chatting with you all - in fact, I'm off to make my first propr post right now!! :-D

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good for you Jackie