Long, But Please Read............

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Richie Cooper, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Richie Cooper

Richie Cooper Seedling

Hello, my name is Richard Cooper. I really want to thank everyone on this forum for being so very helpful. I bought a bunch of Rose Of Sharon form an add in a magazine. They came as twigs and with the help of all the great people on this forum they are doing great!
    All of you have always answered my questions even though I never helped anyone out here, only because I know nothing about plants except that I think they are all beautiful.
    I am an old retired person and therefore also hate the computer or I would post some pictures, but I do not know how to.
    Anyway, thank you all VERY much.
    Richie Cooper
    New Paltz, New York

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Richie,
    Actually you have helped out members here just by asking the questions. Other members and visitors read the responses to your questions and they learn too. And in finding out as much information as we can in order to give an accurate answer we have to dig into our memories or do research on them and learn more and more about the plants. So thank you for your contribution to making GardenStew more informative for others too.

If you decide you want to learn how to post photos, there are very easy to understand instructions.... HERE

Toni

4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Love to see how those Rose of Sharon look now. I think I may have shocked mine into death throws with some heavy pruning. Gardening is always full of surprises :D

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Richie,
    That is so nice of you! As Toni said, almost all posts are helpful and add to the community knowledge.
    If I can post pictures, anyone, including my cat, can do it. Keep trying, and we'll look forward to hearing from you, and seeing the results of your gardening.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hi Richie,

Nice of you to come back and thank everyone, when really, without people who want to learn something this website would have no value to it. So thank you! It is a great place to be. AND if you have grandkids or a neighbor kid ALL of them will know how and can show you what to do. My kids had to show me. Computer language is just as foreign as swahili to me, too. Good thing I have kids to help me out.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I agree with what all the others have said!
    Nice post Richie.
    And oh yeah... so happy to hear that your Rose of Sharon is doing well! Congrats.

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I agree with Toni 100% -- I learn from everyone's questions and experiences and besides, Richie, it's just nice to see a friendly post from another stewbie. Like yours. :)

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It took me several weeks to figure out how to get pictures from the camera to the computer to Gardenstew. Several members were very helpful when I asked for help.
    I've been in New Paltz, N.Y. dr is from New York. He had a niece living in New Paltz at one time. She lives in Glasco now. His mother is still in that part of New York, too.
    dooley

10. Richie Cooper

Richie Cooper Seedling

Everyone, thanks for the "how to" on the pictures. I will have my wife take a look at it for me. She is the computer expert around here.
    I am good at fixing the cars and she is good with the computer stuff.
    I belong to some Corvette forums and if you do not reply to some questions once in a while they give you a hard time. Here on this forum I have really never been able to give anyone any flower help, but all you people ALWAYS help me out without ever complaining. Thanks. 8)

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I haven't noticed anyone here to complain, only to help. :)

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's great Richie. Very happy we were able to help you in even the smallest way :stew1:

13. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

When a search doesn't answer your questions, and you ask, you also get answers for the folks too timid to ask.

I try to only growl at the folks who ask for things like "would you weed my garden for me"?

Them, I cannot help. ;)

carolyn likes this.