Look, but do not touch!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dirt2diamonds, May 26, 2008.

1. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I think everyone knows by now that I am a garden chicken. Well today I have a picture of one of my green constant companions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The little green visitor has this pink pouch underneath its mouth that expands and deflates like a balloon. He was aware of my presence and quit inflating it.
    [​IMG]
    I painted the little bench for my three year old niece she thinks she is special (she's right)
    [​IMG]
    This little fellow is my daughter's companion. He eats insects at night at her apartment door. And yes, that is his pinkish color. I have no idea what it is but we run past it at night to get to the door. We are afraid of it too.
    [​IMG]
    On a happier note, these are some mums that I decided to allow to flower in the spring instead of cutting them back for a huge fall display. I will cut them back after they bloom and only allow them to flower again in the fall.

Hope to have some more creepy crawly pics in the future. Did I say that I am afraid of lizards? Every once in a while one will get in my house. I actually left my house once when one got inside and went shoe shopping til my husband got off of work to save me from the ferocious lizard.

2. Loading...

3. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

But they are so cute! I love to watch them. I live in ME so I don't have any here, but my MIL lives in FL and she has them. When we go to FL I love to sit out on the patio and watch them.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

5. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I don't know about his feet, but they are shaped as though they could have suction to them and they really would have to have suction for the surfaces he is on. His color is a kind of transluscent pink with dots. I did not know that geckos live in MS. That's kind of cool.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

They,re sweet! I like lizards, especially the smooth ones. :D We don't have them here, but I get to see a few when we're on holiday in southern Europe.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I would sooooo enjoy having lizards in my garden. I have no fear of creatures like yours but show me a wasp and I'd run a mile!!! LOL
    I really like the way you've painted that little bench - it reminds me of a rainbow - such cheerful colours. :stew1:

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Cool! I'd like to find him in my garden! I squeal like a girl when I see a mouse :)

9. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I love gecko's. When i lived in Alabama, i would wake up and find a few stuck to the windows, just sitting there sunning themselves. We also had the larger ones, you know where one eye goes one way, and the other eye another way. Those would plant themselves on the patio wall, and didn't move for anyone... but they were harmless. Just cool to look at.

I love that bench. That is so cheerful and your niece is a very special child to have that to sit on made by her special auntie.

10. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

I'm with Eileen! As a kid I'd catch and handle any lizard, snake, box turtle, frog, what have you, but I'd hear a Wasp or a Yellow Jacket and run to the hills.
    I know I've caught little guys like your first photo, but can't fort the life of me remember what he's called. I think I remember them eating those HUGE crickets my Grandma called "sock eaters".

11. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I'm another fan of the lizards, and I agree that it is defo a little gecko.

The bench is stunning and my daughter would love that in our garden by our pond.