Me again.

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by mayfield, Jan 24, 2006.

1. mayfield

mayfield New Seed

Hello to one and all. I haven't posted since registering, as some of you know I am a real (old) novice. I intend trying a few veg this year so there will be plenty of questions coming your way. For the folk who don't know me perhaps I had better tell a little about myself.

I live on my own (having been widowed in Jan 2003 after 50years of marraige).. I have four smashing kids, one son (now head of the family :D )
    three daughters. Kids ages range from 34 (my baby who lives next door) to eldest, son John who is 45.
    I have eight Grandchildren. Five girls and three boys..Fortunately we all live very near each other and my tea pot is very seldom cold. LOVELY.
    I have mostly grown fu*hsias and geraniums. When Charlie was alive he would do anything up to 300 cuttings for me...( from his wheelchair). I did all the actual gardening. Have a greenhouse and at the moment the cuttings I did are all looking pretty good. I only did about 100plus this year. I always have several hanging baskets/ troughs/tubs.
    This year as I have already said I am going to try some veg.
    Thanks for reading, best wishes to all. Lorna.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Lorna,

Welcome to the gardenstew "pot" I am a fairly new member too and have really had fun reading and making contact with others. Sometimes too much fun and nothing gets done around the house..... ummmmm, ask me if I really care about that ;)

Toni

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Lorna. Just popped in to welcome you to GardenStew. It's lovely to have you here with us. You are very fortunate having all your family close by but it must cost you a small fortune in tea!!! :D I too have my 'children' living fairly near to me and it's great when they call in for no other reason than just to see me. :smt026 I have 2 lads - Duncan aged 34, David aged 27 (next month) and a daughter Laura who is my baby aged 23. My husband, Ian, loves it when Laura visits at week-ends as they go out into the garden and do a bit of DIY together. Her latest project was a vivarium for her snake!!!!!! You just can't keep a good woman down. ;)
    Catch up with you again soon.

5. Pongo

Pongo New Seed

Well hello Lorna, nice to see you here too, wondered if it was you when I saw your name, Mayfield! :D :D Pongo, AKA DP :D :D

Advertisement
  6. mayfield

mayfield New Seed

Pongo. Yes I thought at least one person would follow the clue :!: Hope you are ok.. Nice to see some familiar "faces" on here.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Lorna, just realised I haven't replied here yet :rolleyes: Welcome to our growing community, we have a lot of fun and learn a lot. What's more we were officially 1 year old yesterday :smt026

Looking forward to future conversations :D