Momma dadda brothers boy and more.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by CJay, Apr 11, 2016.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

So I'm switching to third shift tomorrow, err today. Yeah today so I had to pull an all nighter to switch over my internal clock.

Anyway I think my brain is full from reading things over here so in my delirious state I decided to share some pictures. I love pictures.

Momma and my brothers.
    [​IMG]

Daddy pretending he knows how to shoot.
    [​IMG]

My baby brother when he was three months old. When he was born 10 years ago he fit in my hand.
    [​IMG]

The kind of moma I wanna be.
    [​IMG]

Daddy and momma.
    [​IMG]

That wittle little baby now all healthy.
    [​IMG]

We can't leave out George. He thinks he's people.
    [​IMG]

The wood from clearing his food plot.
    [​IMG]

Us.
    [​IMG]

And first time on our front porch.
    [​IMG]

Ok so let's see how many I messed up.

Philip Nulty, Jewell, 2ofus and 2 others like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Nice to 'meet' you and the whole family CJay!

3. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thank you Netty. There will be many more pictures to follow. And please call me CJ Cory Jane. Yeah dad wanted a boy. Anyway, the forum wouldn't let me create a user name with just two letters.

By the way. I love the flower in your avatar. What is it?

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Thanks CJ. My avatar flower is a Peony, my favorite bloom :)

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. CJay

CJay In Flower

I'll Google it after I sleep. Which I really need to do.

Switching shifts sucks.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Nice pictures, nice family... cute goat.
    Cute story of your dad, too, but he really needed you. I do have a brother named Corey and in school my best friend was Cory.
    How little was your brother? premie looking in the photo with that itty bitty hospital bottle.I am in awe of how little some of these babies are that are premies.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

My firstborn is a Corey too. ;) Love your pics CJ.

Philip Nulty and CJay like this.
  8. CJay

CJay In Flower

Umm. He was a pound and something ounces. Nine ounces I think. He was in the NICU for like five months. Daddy's wedding band fit up over his arm and to his shoulder. 22 or 23 weeks I think. You got me smiling now. He is tough as nails now. He doesn't let us get on with anything. And he only got picked on once for his size. Whooped two kids for pushing him around last year. I can only hope that if I have a son he's like my brothers.

He's a good man daddy is. He taught me a lot about how a man should be and momma. Well she's simply amazing.

Sorry for all the edits. I just keep finding stuff to add to this.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  9. CJay

CJay In Flower

Here's an earlier pic of him I think the day after he was born.

[​IMG]

Philip Nulty and carolyn like this.
  10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What great family photographs CJ. Say Hi to the family from us all won't you? Little George is cute!!

11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I truly enjoyed your pictures, CJ! What a wonderful family you have.

12. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thank you so very much everyone.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  13. CJay

CJay In Flower

I went over to granpas house to help him drag stuff out of his shed and snapped a few pics of his gardens. I remember going there every Sunday as a kid helping them in the gardens during the summer and eating Sunday dinner.

They're older now so they don't do as much gardening. But still do some killer tomato plants.
    [​IMG]

When they first moved in that house 40 Some years ago the neighbor brought over a backhoe and helped them dig in railroad ties. You can still see some of them. But most have rotted away. When I was little we did corn beans peas and a bunch of other stuff. Now they only do tomatoes.

[​IMG]
    Mamaw used to have this entire flower garden full of rose bushes. But it's been left empty other than that tree that grew unwanted. I keep asking them to let us cut it down. But they said to just leave it be.

Ok. Why is it rotating my pictures?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Philip Nulty likes this.
  14. CJay

CJay In Flower

As I'm laying in bed trying to force myself to settle down and sleep with the sun shinning through the window I thought I'd post some pictures of one of my oldest friends.

These pictures aren't in chronological order.

We got him 14 years ago and has not only been a protector and confidant but a big brother to me.

It was years after daddy joined the Marines and during one of his short stints home that we were going fishing. I needed a new pole so on our way to the pier we stopped at Kmart. A rescue group was having an adoption outside and momma and me walked over to look at the puppies. Daddy went inside and picked out the rod. When he came out mom, who was pregnant with my brother carried this tiny big earned mutt up to him and asked what he thought. Daddy looked him over and simply said. "He's gonna make someone a good dog someday. A big dog. But a good one.

Mom looked down at him and said. "Well good. Cause we just adopted him." Daddy just shook his head with that crooked smile of his and walked back to the truck. Momma waddled after him. "But he has green eyes. Look."

[​IMG]

The day after we got him daddy and I went out for a walk through the junk apartments in Jacksonville NC where we lived walking him and the neighbor guy had his idiot dog outside. He was the type of owner that praised his dog for going nuts barking and what not at people walking by. Well he had his dog off leash and the dog got away from him. Dee Oh Gee (yes his name is dog) charged this full grown dog and tore into him. This little 10 week old puppy chased that full grown dog back into its house.

[​IMG]

Daddy and Dee Oh Gee went to have a talk with the guy later that day cause we got a call from the super saying we had complaints about a vicious dog in our apartment. The guy moved two days later.

He grew into a big dog.
    [​IMG]

Who just like daddy was always ready for a righteous fight. But was as gentle as cold be. Though never took and lip from anyone but us.

I'll always remember the day my youngest brother finally came home from the hospital. My puppy slinked closer and closer so carefully to sniff him.

[​IMG]

And then the cat came running in lept from the floor toward him. Anxious to see the new arrival. In mid air my puppy caught her in his mouth and tossed her across the living room. Jasmine refused to even be in the same room as him for more than a week.

We had lots of kittens and cats in and out of our various homes. He knew the difference between people and pets. He knew his was top dog when it came to pets.

They came in he walked up and sniffed. If they complained he put them in line. Theyd scratch his nose and hed look at them sideways then put a paw on them and hold them there till they gave up.

[​IMG]

It's weird how we trust an animals judgement over the judgment of our parents. If mom and dad didn't like a boy but I did I thought they were crazy. Just didn't want me to be happy. But if Dee Oh Gee didn't like them I dropped them instantly.

When treated proper they are the perfect animals. Better than people. They know how to have fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When to be gentle.
    [​IMG]

And when to chill.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunatly they don't know how to not get old too fast.
    [​IMG]

But even in his age he still knows how to do his job.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  15. CJay

CJay In Flower

Well. Sunday was the Leather Run.

They raised a good amount of cash and donations for the local food bank and had a great turnout. The weather was beautiful too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Philip Nulty likes this.