More pictures

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Dec 13, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I think I may have this now. I resized my pictures. Let's see if it works without my son standing over me.

[​IMG]

This is where my herb garden will be in the spring. I have bulbs planted along the flagstone path. I hauled many buckets of dirt to make it more level than it was before. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. maphas

maphas Seedling

VERY NICE.PLENTY OF SPACE, I AM SO JEALOUS!

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

That looks great. What is on the arbor. I have a nice shady space I am trying to develope, I have the plants, just can't seem to find the time to get it all together the way I want it. Too much work and not enough time to play.

5. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

What a nice little alcove for planting - how far have you gotten with it now? Any updates?

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I can hardly wait Dooley to see all the plants in place. What a lovely layout and the perfect place to sit and read a book!! :D

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Well, there is nothing there at the moment. I planted the little pots of herbs but the bugs and ants ate them faster than I could plant them. Now, I have some larger pots of herbs, but because I'm still battling ants I'm not sure I want to transplant them. I had trumpet vines there last fall. They died off for winter and they both came back but when they reached six inches, one stopped growing. it's still six inches. The other is about two feet, but the edges of the leaves are turning black and it's stopped growing too. So, I took all the seeds I had left and mixed them all together, raked the area and spread the seeds. I've watered every day for two weeks and not one thing has come up. I think the ants have carried away the seeds. Maybe I'm not supposed to have plants there. I will wait until fall and maybe put some perennials there. Dooley

8. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Nasty little ants. We have a problem with red ants, or I guess the proper name is fire ants, but they don't eat seeds or plants. They will get in pots though and pretty much smother the roots if you don't notice them. I hope you get your ant problem solved. It seems you have worked so hard on that lovely spot.

9. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Don't you love digital cameras? This is a great place that will only get better over time.
    We have major ant problems here too-little !*!#!*. 8)