My favorite parts of my garden...at least right now :)

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Ronni, May 25, 2013.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It's not a knockout or anything, but compared to what I started with it's certainly an improvement.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

The area under the tree also shows vast improvement.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

I'm very impatient for everything to mature and grow bigger. All the bare spots where I've left things room to grow need to fill in! I'm normally a very patient person, but to think that it will be at least three years before there's significant growth....well, it makes me a little crazy! :stew1:

Frank, eileen, Henry Johnson and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It may take some time for the plants to fill in for you but weeding is going to be so much easier until then. You should be proud of what you've achieved. I think both areas look great and I like the selection of plants you've chosen. :-D

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks Eileen. :D The hostas were already there, as was the rose bush. Everything else was my choice. We'll see, as time goes on, if they were wise ones. ;)

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

You've made such a great difference in a pretty short amount of time. So... while you're waiting on this area to fill in... hmmm... maybe there's another nook or cranny that could use a make-over? ;)

Advertisement
  6. Tina

Tina Young Pine

Great improvement. The after pictures look amazing! Good job.

7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

It looks great Ronni! Congrats!

8. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Very pretty. It all looks so neat and tidy.

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks all. :D

It certainly looks tidier than it did when I started out. I spread more mulch, planted several more plants, trimmed the rose bush some and moved one plant. Added several more of those border stones and weeded some. And by the end of the day I was wondering where in HECK the day went, and looking at the garden wondering if after all that work, anyone but me could see much of any difference. :-?

Way ahead of you, Cheryl! :stew1: I discovered an area that used to be a garden I guess, almost completely hidden beneath the grass that had grown over the wooden border that surrounds it. It's at the base of my deck stairs in the back yard. Actually there are two areas, one at the base of those stairs to the side, and another by the back of the house. It's very shaded back there, though I think it gets a little sun. I'm watching the area and making notes as a first step, so I can see what if any sun it gets, and at what part of the day. I think that's going to be my next project.

For today, I have some work to do on my back deck, and some houseplants that need to be re-potted. Also need to wash the car and vacuum it out, finish the laundry, do some online ordering, re-frame the oil painting that hangs over our couch, tidy up the garage.........well, I guess I have enough to keep me busy for the day!