My flowerbed

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by KiloWatts, Jun 27, 2006.

1. KiloWatts

KiloWatts New Seed

I finally got a digital camera, and decided to take pictures of everything in my flowerbed.

I finally have a digital camera that Kari so kindly gave to me because she upgraded.

[​IMG]
    Salvia!

[​IMG]
    Fuschia! Took forever for this thing to bloom, and then one day it exploded into this.

[​IMG]
    It's just plain sexy, ain't it?

[​IMG]
    Lupine! Actually, it's already sprouted 5 humungous 12-inch blooms since I first planted it, but they've all died. It's mostly dying now, but this little sucker decided to come up yesterday. Mi Lupine isn't dead after all!

[​IMG]
    Coleus! Good god, these things get huge!

[​IMG]
    More Coleus! See the little teeny one at the bottom? That's about the size the rest were when I planted them.

[​IMG]
    Melampodium! These took a long time to grow too, but now they're bright and bushy. Those are some Four-O-Clocks in the back there that I transplanted.

[​IMG]
    There's not much to 'em, but they sure are yellow.

[​IMG]
    Four-O-Clocks allllmost ready to show me its very first bloom. It's about damn time. I grew 'em from seeds.

[​IMG]
    Ageratum Blue! This plant loves to be left alone and neglected. It was teeny tiny, I hardly did anything to it, and it exploded into this. At some point, a basketball was hurled over the fence and plopped down right in the middle of it. But I didn't take a picture of that part, cause it's pretty gory.

[​IMG]
    After a rainfall, it looks like they just stepped out of the shower. Tee hee.

[​IMG]
    Marigolds! I know, I know. I had to have 'em, ok? These things smell wonderful. They smell almost TOO good.

[​IMG]
    Here, take a whiff.

[​IMG]
    See?

[​IMG]
    Ageratum and Marigold made friends.

[​IMG]
    Day Lilies!

[​IMG]
    My ex-roommate planted these last year, and they came up again nicely.

[​IMG]
    Morning Glory! Yes, I hated it at first, but now that I let it grow and cover the fence, it's actually kinda cool. It's finally started to bloom in the mornings too.

[​IMG]
    Four-O-Clocks in a pot. Grew them from seed. And they STILL haven't bloomed. I think they'll start kickin' this week or next though.

[​IMG]
    Sempervivum! I totally planted these in the wrong place.

[​IMG]
    They belong in a rock garden, not next to morning glories and marigolds. How embarrassing.

[​IMG]
    Morning Glory turning in for the night. And a fly.

[​IMG]
    Morning Glory that'll probably be opening for the first time tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    An attempt at a panorama. Actually it wasn't an attempt at first, but I gave it a shot later.

Tada. :-D 8)

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Wow - so many! You may want to resize them a bit before posting them, only because they take a long time to load when they are so big... Very nice colors! Good to see you enjoying your camera and your flowers. :)

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Very lovely flowers and I love the panaromic view. You done good.

Sharon

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gorgeous colours Kilo! And to my recollection the first time a panoramic was posted on the site :D Ooh I do love seeing these photos ;)

Advertisement
  6. Hank

Hank Seedling

Very nice! :smt038

7. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Ohhhh splendid!!!!! :D

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh so many and I love them all . Love the panoramic .I thick all lilac or blue flowers are just so pretty.
    You did good .

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well those were certainly worth waiting for!!! :smt041 :smt041
    I have loads of different sempervivums around my garden. They were giving 2litre pots of them away FREE at a local garden centre a while back because they weren't selling .... so guess who added loads to her collection? :D

My fushcia's aren't even ready to flower yet and I can't grow coleus outdoors. :( Our Scottish weather is just too cold for them. Yours are gorgeous and make a lovely show with all their different variations of colour.

How hardy are ageratum blues? I'd love to have some in my garden.

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Who...?

11. KiloWatts

KiloWatts New Seed

Primsong - yeah, at first I freaked a bit cause the sizes seemed to mess up the forum layout. But it eventually resized them all for me, which was nice.

Eileen - Ageratums are incredibly hardy and easy to grow. I didn't have to do much pruning or watering or maintenance at all --- they just grew... and grew... and grew...

It's sorta sad that the fuschia won't be back next year. It was so fragile in getting accustomed to the soil :(