My husband worries

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, May 28, 2015.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

My husband worries about me. We heard distant thunder early this afternoon, so I jumped into my boots, grabbed a basket and headed for the vegetable garden. It hadn't rained in over 36 hours and it was about as dry as it was going to get.
    He came out about 20 minutes later with an umbrella because, it was beginning to rain! I thought he was going to hold the umbrella over me while I finished picking the row of beans. He thought I'd be heading for the house. He mentioned that "normal" people knew enough to come in out of the rain. I mentioned "normal" people didn't have two rows of green beans that needed picking and it would soon be too muddy to get to them. After over 40 years of marriage he ought to know I'm not "normal." He still worries about me, which is sweet. Of course, I worry about him, too. He's so "normal!"

Henry Johnson, vitrsna, 2ofus and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. cajunbelle
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have one of those 'normal' husbands too and you've got to love 'em haven't you? He still doesn't get it when I trudge through the garden every morning to fill the bird feeders no matter the weather. I even cut a pathway through 5 feet of snow one year so that the little darlings didn't go hungry. I save worms from puddles, look after bees that are feeling the cold and take in any injured wildlife that I come across. After 40 years, as you say, my 'normal' husband should know that I too ain't ever going to be what most folks consider normal either!!

Chrisle, 2ofus, Jewell and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That's one of the best and most hilarious posts I've read in a while. hahaha.
    I had to hold my sides from laughter.
    Good one, Marling

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

That is funny! I've done that and Mike came out and told me to go back in the house, he would finish. I told him to start on the other row and we'd be finished a lot faster!

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

That's so funny! Mine just thinks everything I do is odd LOL

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

:rofl:
    Ok now I want to know how many guys on GS think they are normal?:chuckle:

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh.....well...... of course I'M normal....
    Yeah, I'm normal.
    I'm so normal that I make run-of-the-mill look pronounced and conspicuous.
    See how normal I am.
    Normal, normal, normal......

I wonder what William Shakespeare would say?.....

My argument is that I am no Lady Gertrude, and this is not Hamlet.......that's my argument and I'm sticking with it--'cause I'm normal, y'see.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I don't think I'm normal - I KNOW I am!!:smt119 It's everybody else that isn't so there. :p

Donna S and marlingardener like this.
  10. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

I would say, that for a gardener, you are perfectly, predictably, normal...it is just that gardeners in general are a little different than folks who don't garden and it brings us full circle back to "some people just don't get it":chuckle:

11. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

@Sjoerd, methinks thou doth assert thy normalcy too mucho_O

Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  12. mart

mart Strong Ash

My Hubby gave up on trying to get me to come in out of the rain a long time ago. MG,, I have about 4 bushels of blue lakes waiting on me and we had another 2 inches of rain that just stopped about an hour ago.

13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I like not being normal....it makes us unique and a joy to be with...I know I keep my husband guessing all of the time, never a dull moment....

we feed our birds anytime except when it is lightning and have even been seen mowing in the rain just to get it finished....we are early risers here and I think the neighbors must think what in the world are they doing this early....I like to get my weeding done before it gets too warm....we haven't had that problem yet this year...it seems like most of the time we are bundled up like an eskimo;) You should see us at the ballgames....we dress so we can see the whole game . Some people come without warm jackets and have sleeveless shirts and shorts on...here we are in winter jackets, hoods up and gloves, etc.