My Introduction, from Wyoming

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Miss Liberty, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Miss Liberty

Miss Liberty Seedling

Hello from Southern Wyoming. My name is Liberty (yes, I'm a Fourth of July baby by three minutes). This is my first year of gardening. My husband and I just bought our first house and it has a yard. I dug up a 10x15 patch for the garden and got it planted last weekend. (Okay, my hubby dug it up). I can't wait to see how it grows.

I've never even kept a houseplant before, so this could prove to be an interesting summer. We're just starting out and my teaching job doesn't start until August, so thrift is the theme for this summer and the garden.

I'm looking forward to learning, and I hope everyone will be patient with any amateur questions I may ask.

Many thanks...

Miss (now Mrs.) Liberty S.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Liberty!! Welcome to our forums from Scotland. I hope your new garden grows well for you.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Liberty,
    welcome to the forum,..and congratulations on your first house!,..i am sure you and your Hubby will find many interesting things here,..good luck with the gardening and ask away.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hi Liberty, welcome to the Stew from Wadsworth, Ohio. Ask away, were all glad to give you an answer if we have one and sometimes even if we don't have one we still give away, freely, our opinion :D

Advertisement
  6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome to Gardenstew! I have lived many places but I don't think I've been in Wyoming. I have a friend who lives in Torrington, Wyoming. Maybe I need to visit her.
    Gardening is not so hard. Put the seeds or plants in the ground, water, feed once in a while and let them grow. Of course that's the simple way. There are more complex ways but if it's your first garden, go simple. You will have to pull weeds too. They seem to think they should grow where ever you dig and water. Makes it easy for them.
    dooley

7. Miss Liberty

Miss Liberty Seedling

Thank you everyone for the wonderful greetings... and from so many places around the globe.

I'm ready to tackle things and I completely understand that will probably mean weeds. But since I'm only working a part-time job until school starts in the fall, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time get those pesky weeks pulled.

Miss (now Mrs.) Liberty

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

:wave: Hi Miss Liberty :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from southern OntariO!

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Liberty from Chelmsford MA. You have found the friendliest group of gardeners on the internet. Plenty of forums, blogs and gardens to keep you interested as well as a variety of knowledgeable people to answer questions. Welcome aboard.

Jerry

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Glad you are here! Enjoy! I teach too. Welcome from the damp part of Washington state.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Liberty and welcome again to GardenStew. I think you are going to love your garden very much once it starts to show its colours. We will be here for rigorous questioning :)

Don't forget to check out our blogs, member map and perhaps upload plant images you have to GardenStew PLANTS for all to learn from :stew1:
    Details here: http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/help#3

// frank

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Welcome to the Stew from the wet, windy, chilly coast of mid-Norway. :D Hop in and make yourself at home. I'm looking forward to stewing with you.

13. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi & welcome from a distant land, incidentally have you decided what kind of garden you want to grow? :)

14. Miss Liberty

Miss Liberty Seedling

Thank you all again for the wonderful greetings. I'm amazed and excited at all the different places everyone is from.

KK, my husband and I love to cook with fresh vegetables, so that's the kind of garden I'm going to start with. Thank you for asking.

Miss (now Mrs.) Liberty

15. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi Liberty... from SE Texas! You've found the best place to come to with any questions... flowers, veggies... you name it... someone here is always able to help out.

16. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi Liberty, and welcome from South Central Missouri. What did you plant so far ? Sometimes seeds grow, and sometimes they do not, just plant more seeds if they do not grow. Hopefully, your yard is similar in size to Wyoming, because you will probably want to spread out your garden and flower beds. :stew1: