Mysterious monoliths showing up,all over the world US, Uk, The Netherlands

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Pacnorwest, Jul 4, 2024 at 9:07 AM.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

2. Loading...

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Since people got bored with crop circles, I assume this is the next thing pranksters will now be attempting everywhere.

Just like there was the Loch Ness Monster affectionately called Nessie in Scotland. And Ogopogo at Okanagan Lake in Canada too - So when people got bored with that, we saw crop circles take the main stage. However now it's this nonsense!

:rofl:

Maybe like that someone might also take notice of a joker so-called mystery "artist" lurking around my beach. Putting up sculptures in the night, made out of sand mixed with plaster of Paris I think. Probably trying to start a myth about Mermaids, while the administration keeps throwing his work in the trash the very next day...

Honestly, some people have way too much free time on their hands.

1720082399163.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 3:44 PM
    Nate77 and Logan like this.
  4. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Somebody has put those up, they must have watched 2001 space odyssey.

Daniel W, Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I have seen these before, Pac.
    But we do have real stone structures. Look up hunebedden in Drenthe.

Logan, Pacnorwest and S-H like this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I think, people throughout time have always been doing silly and absolutely pointless stuff, (specially those who sre unemployed, and so have nothing else to do in life, thus are suffering from extreme boredom)...

They get a kick out of causing confusion, nothing more, after which they are only laughing at us from a distance.

Same as a painter who has allegedly created a "masterpiece" of abstract art. Leaving all the art critics in the world to punder over it and derive a cosmological meaning from it - While in reality it's nothing but a few squiggly lines of paint on canvas. Which I would only classify as meaningless garbage. But amazingly, that stuff sells for millions, (I never understood how or why).

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

[​IMG]

I think first people who played such a crazy joke on humanity. Were the inhabitants of Easter Island. Who probably guessed that they had no future whatsoever. So might as well go extinct by creating a mystery, which others will try to unravel for centuries, but get nowhere - Simply because there is no mystery, it's all a prank, like a graffiti!

:rofl:

Same story with crop circles, just a pointless prank. Followed by other copycat pranks elsewhere in the world.

Although the Loch Ness Monster Nessie, or Ogopogo in Canada - Where probably created to attract tourists to an otherwise economically lifeless zone... Not much different from what they now do in the town of Roswell New Mexico, (getting on the Alien bandwagon).

[​IMG]

:smt082

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 3:46 PM
    Logan likes this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Sjoerd Not quite the same… hunebedden in Drenthe.are formed from huge boulders.

The monoliths poppin up around the world are made of stainless steel. A artist impression . Interesting technique to attract attention.

I agree.

Sjoerd, Logan and S-H like this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Surprising why stainless steel hasn't been stolen by scrap hunters yet... Not joking, seriously, as I've seen people with a magnet tied to a string. With which they comb the beach regularly. And sometimes professionals with metal detectors too show up - Even a tiny screw nobody would leave, so how can anyone let all that stainless steel stay there?

Also, stainless steel isn't cheap. I should know, as metal working in a hobby of mine. So who in their right mind is wealthy enough to "gift" polished stainless steel to the world at large? This is the part which is not making any sense to me. Because artists and sculptures are always living hand to mouth over here. As for every artist that becomes famous, there are at least a few hundred others with just as much skill, but are unable to make a decent living out of their craft.

So exactly who has such deep pockets in this post Covid-19 economic depression ridden world??? This is the paradox which I'm struggling with now, as it's not making much sense...

:headscratch:

Logan likes this.