Need Plant ID

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Barbara92021, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 New Seed

This is a pic of the leaves belonging to the plant that I need ID'd - from the pic in my avatar.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Barbara92021's Garden )

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. David M
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. reita28
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Dieffenbachia (Dumb Cane) for the big leaf plant, ivy and Cyclamen for the flowering plant. pretty combination. ;)

4. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 New Seed

Thanks for the reply, Jewel. I hadn't left the forum yet so was surprised to see that someone had posted to my thread. Anyway, I had to edit this b/c there was no pic. I just learned what mistake I made and so now there is a pic to look at. This little plant is underneath the Dieffenbachia. The ivy is an English Ivy.

5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    looks like a philodendron leaf to me...one of my favorite no care plants. But to be honest I'm not quite sure. Is it the dumb cane also showing or another plant, maybe a peace lily?

They often have several different seedlings in one pot.

Advertisement
  6. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 New Seed

I asked for this plant ID in another forum (another one I just joined and don't think I will use as much as this friendlier one! ;) ). Anyway, the answer I just got was Aglaonema-Arum family and so I did a Google search and got Philodendrum cordatum or Heart-shaped philodendrum. The image makes me believe that it is the one! So, Jewell, you were right on with this plant IDing. Thankyou bunches! Barbara

7. Barbara92021

Barbara92021 New Seed

I think I need to change this plant ID!! I am about to repot these plants and after looking at the little plant under the Dieffenbachia, I am wondering if it isn't just new Dieffenbachia leaves starting instead of a heart-shaped philodendron. Since I posted this question, a couple of the leaves have now got the yellowish markings of the bigger leaves.

Once I repot it, I will keep a good watch and then post a new pic. I guess we will know by then if I am correct or not. :D