Nettle-Like Plants

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Bryby, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Bryby

Bryby New Seed

Hey. I have these plants that look to me like Stinging Nettle, only there are furry type spikes on the stem, not the stiff ones one might expect. I live in western mass, and there hasnt been alot of sun at all - perhaps this is just a young nettle still developing? I really hope its nettle because i want some tea! Thanks.

EDIT: I swear i uploaded a photo but i cant see it on my post. What i do wrong? I hit insert/upload a photo. I guess you have to go to My Garden. Sorry.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Are the pictures in your My Garden album the ones you are talking about? Could you embed them into a post here so we can see them easier, they post larger here than in the albums and are easier for us with 'older' eyes to see. ;) Plus then there is no confusion about which ones you are referring to.

Thanks

4. Bryby

Bryby New Seed

[​IMG]
    ^ This plant has rounded leaves at the top. Regular pointy/spiked leaves lower down. Still has spikey "fur" along the stem.

[​IMG] This is the other plant that looked like nettle to me. It also has the soft fur on the stem.

[​IMG] This picture has both the plants posted together, growing side by side.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Uhm, they look very familiar, but I just can't think what they are.

6. Bryby

Bryby New Seed

Right now they are about 2, maybe 3 feet high. Still no flowers. Could this be false nettle?