New Member from Southern California

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Hanbury House, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hanbury House

Hanbury House New Seed

Hi,

I am an avid gardener, crafter, and mother of 2. I came to Garden Stew to learn some new things and chat with like minded folks.

Thanks
    -Leanne

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Hanbury House and a hearty welcome to GardenStew. I like your friend in your profile pic! Hope you meet everyone here soon.

Don't forget to check out our blogs, member map and perhaps upload plant images you have to GardenStew PLANTS for all to learn from :stew1:
    Details here: http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/help#3

// frank

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Welcome to the Stew! You will find lots to talk about here with very friendly folks. Be sure to visit often!

5. Hanbury House

Hanbury House New Seed

Thank you for the welcomes, Marlingardener and Frank. Wow, your place, Red Gate Farm, is beautiful.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Leanne, welcome to GardenStew from north Texas. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hi Leanne and welcome to the stew. We can't wait to see your pics and have you tell us all about you.

Carolyn

8. Hanbury House

Hanbury House New Seed

Thanks for the welcome, Carolyn. I will try to post some pictures, but a lot of my garden photo files seem to be too large to upload. I do have some in photobucket.

A little about me and my garden:
    Unlike other parts of the country that are putting their gardens to bed this time of year, living in Southern California, Fall is a busy planting season for me. I am stuck indoors today due to rain and stumbled on to garden stew accidentally. I sure am glad I did.

My favorite kind of gardening is edible gardening. I have been gardening the same postage stamp sized urban lot for about 15 years now. I tend more than a dozen fruit trees, lots of grape vines, Kiwi, a small veggie garden, and a variety of berry patches.

I am geek about insects and plants, and I find IDing them to be fun puzzles (when I don't already know what they are.)

I am looking to redo a small portion of the front yard with more edibles. Right now I only have strawberries, herbs, and a blueberry hidden in the main front yard flower gardens.

We keep a small flock of chickens, and have a cat, a desert tortoise, and a big crazy dog.

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Leanne, welcome to GardenStew from Chelmsford MA. You have found the friendliest group of gardeners on the internet. Welcome aboard.

Jerry

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's lovely to have you here at GardenStew with us Leanne. A warm welcome from Scotland in the UK.
    You must tell us what kind of crafts you enjoy - maybe let us see some pictures too (hint, hint). I look forward to getting to know you. :-D

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome from another Texas person. I have lots of family in California, mostly between LA and San Francisco and Sacramento. I garden in the winter, also. Have a great time looking around and reading here. Lots of pictures and a place to post yours, too. You can upload your pictures to gardenstew through "my garden." There is a tutorial on it.

dooley

12. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Hi Leanne, and welcome to the Garden-Stew, from the coastline of Karachi Pakistan! I also (exactly like) came to this place to find like minded people - And so almost 2 years down the road, I am very happy to have found this place, and got to make some wonderful new friends!!!

You too I am sure will find everyone to be super nice over here - However sometimes we do have a tendency to become a bit nosy. For example, for every single plant or tree picture that you'll upload, we'll ask to see 2 more! :D

And speaking of pictures, you can easily download (for free) a small graphic utility called IrfanView. It is very quick, and thus will effortlessly resize all your large pictures, into a size that can be uploaded here - All my pictures too have been processed through IrfanView. It really takes just a few seconds.

Here is the link:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

13. Viceroy

Viceroy New Seed

Howdy, from the sunshine state.

14. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi Leanne from SE Texas. Can't wait to see all those goodies you grow!

15. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi Leanne, welcome from a distant where it is either hot or rainy!!!

16. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Welcome to our little corner of the garden. You'll love it here. :-D