New plants, 2.5 inches rain, this gardener is coming back :)

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by toni, Sep 20, 2013.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hurricane Manuel is coming up from the western side of Mexico into our area. That doesn't happen very often because there is usually a very strong high pressure system sitting on top of us until the first strong cold front from the north arrives!!!! And there is Hurricane Ingrid in the Gulf of Mexico now they are joining forces to bring the western part of Texas rain like we haven't had in months.

I can hear the plants dancing and singing out in the garden and if I could I would be out there with them....but the neighbors would most likely call for the men in the white jackets to come get me.

Back in June, long before I knew what the summer held for me, I placed a plant order to arrive in Sept for fall planting.....it came yesterday. Now I have....

Three more Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus', planted some last spring and they actually survived the summer.
    [​IMG]
    Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus' ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Three Digitalis purpurea 'Foxy'
    [​IMG]
    Digitalis purpurea 'Foxy' ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Three Apium graveolens aka Leaf Celery. We don't particularly like the chunks of celery stalk in soups, etc so the leaf celery will give the flavor without the chunks.
    [​IMG]
    Apium graveolens ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

My youngest grandson is coming over next weekend to help me get them all planted.

Frank, Donna S and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Nice selection. :setf_016: And hope you get all the rain you want.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nice that you are getting your grandson involved Toni. Keep us updated on these new arrivals.