Newcomer

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Loretta, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Loretta

Loretta New Seed

Hi everyone,

I'm Loretta from Delaware, USA. I stumbled on GardenStew.com quite by accident, and am mighty glad to be here. I like to think I'm an avid gardener, and love to get my hands dirty! I'm married, have two girls and we are about to be empty-nesters! Woo-hooo!!
    I love to travel, read, exercise, entertain, cook, and of course gardening. It would be great to get to know a lot of you out there, and especially hearing about gardening in other parts of the world too.

2. Loading...

3. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hi Loretta!! Welcome to the site it is wonderful here, everyone is soooo nice here :setc_005: You definately share everyone's interest here!! :-D
    I look forward to getting to know you better and to sharing our gardens together!! :setc_083:

4. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hello Loretta , :setc_005: A big welcome from Dublin , you will meet lots of nice people here , :sete_013: be careful of the party people :D lots of virtual drink etc . the Eccentric Gnome can be , well a little bit eccentric , hope you enjoy yourself 8) Bugs

5. DIRTMAN

DIRTMAN New Seed

Hello,

I am new here to, I do the gardening at my house. I live in Pittsburgh. I do everyones yard here Family stuff! I am married with a 14 year old son. He does not like the outside work, but I make him come out with me. I only plant food, my wife would like flowers but she will not get dirty..

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hey Loretta the 'Eccentric Gnome' welcomes you . At least that is what I have been labelled with :rolleyes:

I am glad you have accidentally stumbled across GardenStew (how if I may ask?), there is a mad but great bunch of garden-lovers here who will be sure to have something to say to brighten up even the rainiest of your days :setc_025:

Be sure to add yout significant events to our calendarand also check out our members blogs, they are packed with good stuff.

Looking forward to getting to know you! :sete_040:

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Loretta and Dirtman,

Sooooooooo nice to have you both here with us. I'm Scottish and come from a small village mid-way between Edinburgh and Glasgow. :-D

Really looking forward to getting to know you both better.

Why not come and join in our marathon party and help us to get to our 10,000th post. :D

8. Loretta

Loretta New Seed

Thanks all for welcoming me - I'm still trying to get the hang of navigating posts on here and am a tad confused with the various sites within. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it sooner or later though. Eccentric Gnome, I stumbled on this site when I was looking for gardening sites in general. I'm happy to have found a "live" one so to speak. I'm enjoying spring in my part of the world at the moment, I spend about 5 hours outdoors each day tending to my yard and absolutely love it!! I'll have to post some pictures on here soon. Thanks again all, and salaams from Delaware (the second smallest state in the US - for those of you out there that have never heard of it). :))))

9. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

HI Dirtman,welcome to the site!! I also have a 14 year old son, he likes to be outside only to swim and play baseball!! He doesn't like to help garden much, but he is a good helper, when he is asked!!

10. gardenplansireland

gardenplansireland Seedling

Hey Loretta and Dirtman,
    welcome to the "stew" of you
    from GPI in Galway, Ireland.

11. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Welcome! If you have a plant that needs IDing, just ask Eileen. Shell find it! HA!

12. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Welcoem Loretta!! I'm still pretty new around here myself!! :D