Next project!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

With the American Legion Fish Fry behind me, our next fund raising project is our Holiday Craft Show. I have actually been working on this since last Jan. by monitoring 2 different web sites where I have had it advertised. We have all 45 booths rented out to crafters for Nov. 5th. We have a wide range of different crafters selling many different types of crafts. A lot of the people who come to it are looking for unique Christmas gifts for relatives and friends. Once it is over, I will post pics in my blog.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Certainly sounds as though a lot of planning has gone into it CK. I wish you every success with the craft show and look forward to seeing the photographs. :D

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Did you do this last year as well? What type of crafts do you expect to see there?

I hope it will be a great success and you raise a heap load of funds. I must be a success if all 45 booths are rented out :eek:

5. Capt Kirk

This will be the 4th year for the Holiday show and we also do one in the spring. We normally have people with home made jewelry, wooden crafts, one woman makes crosses out of horseshoe nails, and all types of Christmas decorations. One woman does handmade clothing, like knitted hats, scarves etc. We also have a new lady that sells materials to make your own cutomized Teddy Bears. They should go over really good. I do some crafts myself, but I'm not having a booth this year. I do hand painted roofing slates. I take old slates that have come off the roofs of old houses and hand paint scenes and flowers etc. on them. I usually get $35 to $40 each for them.

Advertisement
  6. Capt Kirk

Had our Craft Show today and had a great turn out! All the vendors were happy and the crowd was in a buying mood! There was one table that was selling homemade fudge. They had free samples set out. I think everyone that tried a free sample bought some to take home. They said they sold over $400 worth of fudge! A lot of calories went out the door!

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Great stuff Capt, I knew it would be a great success. I've seen the photos in your blog as well, thanks for posting them! :smt023