Nice storm clouds!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Feb 2, 2013.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I took this picture of the storm clouds building after we got home last Tuesday. I thought it looked a little ominous. Storm wasn't too bad though we could have done with out three really windy days.

[​IMG]
    storm clouds ( photo / image / picture from dooley's Garden )

dooley

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That is a very nice picture..... You could frame it. Hang it on your patio somewhere next Summer.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A lovely atmospheric photograph Dooley. :-D I'm glad though that the storm didn't amount to much and caused no damage.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We had of those too...
    [​IMG]
    Dark but not so stormy afternoon ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    More clouds than rain ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Frank likes this.

Advertisement
  6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Your clouds were darker than ours. I think you had a bigger section of the storm than we had. We just got .4 inches of rain but it was windy for three days. We did have some darker clouds but these looked like a nicer picture.

dooley

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

We had dark clouds like that too yesterday evening and I thought a thunderstorm was heading our way but nothing happened bringing more discomfort with the high humidity. Heat plus high humidity is simply yucks!!! The weather had been really hot and dry for the past few weeks.

This morning when I woke up it was no different from any other hot uncomfortable morning for the past few weeks except that there was no sun because of the heavy cloud cover.

While having breakfast, a light breeze started to blow carrying the pleasant smell of rain. Yes, pitt, pitt, pitt little droplets of cool pleasant goodness started to drizzle. Three hours had passed and it is still drizzling. The overheated ground is now cooled and the breeze is pleasant. Keeping my fingers crossed I sure do hope that today is the end of the dry hot season.