Nice to meet you fellow gardeners!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by MsPackard, Jan 19, 2007.

1. MsPackard

MsPackard New Seed

My name is Christy and I am from Fresno, California. I have just sparked an interest in houseplants and succulents out of nowhere! I have six plants and nine succulents and I have adopted them all in the last five months or so. I love the look of something being alive in the winter months and it is a wonderful hobby. I look forward to hearing all the tips and other information about growing things. Thanks! :D

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Christy and welcome to our big pot here at "the Stew".

Yes that can happen, one day you are normal and then the next day you wake up and you are plant-crazy! Don't worry we have many "sufferers" here.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

// Frank

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hello MsPackard :smt039
    Welcome from snowy southern Ontario. That's how it all starts...a few house plants and the next thing you know, your house is full of 'em and there's no room left for you! :smt001

5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Welcome MsPackard from New Orleans, La. Be very careful. First plants take over your house, then they take over outside. And you get like the rest of us. Crazy gardeners.

Advertisement
  6. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Welcome from south Louisiana we are very symphathetic to insanity here.

7. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Welcome Christy from cold Michigan. Glad to have you on board. Watch those plants - they will soon take over and you will be like the rest of us.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Christy and a BIG, WARM WELCOME from gale torn Scotland. I started off, like you, many years ago with just a few indoor plants. :-D Somehow I've become addicted to them and they've spread all over the house. :rolleyes: I also have masses of outdoor plants and am running out of space in the garden now. :( :idea: Hey maybe I can build a roof garden next?!!! :p

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Welcome Christy from Illinois.I started with house plants and have spread to the yard. Then the house plants died. Wannabe

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Christy welcome to the Stew from cold and wet north Texas. The length of time it takes to go from interest sparked to fullblown plant-addict is usually not very long so hang on. It is a wonderful and rewarding addiction tho.

Glad to have you join us.

11. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hello Christy, great to have you here at the Stew. Sorry to say I can't have houseplants, too many animals and they destroy them. But outside, that's a different story.

12. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Hi! Good to meet you. I've only a few houseplants, slowly building the number back up from when I got rid of them all years ago...(toddlers and houseplants didn't mix). Hope we'll see you around!

13. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hi Christy,
    Glad to have on the Stew I started out with a small Chappral plant in a pot in the house and Ivy's and then Aloe Vera plants
    My plants grew and grew then my chapperal grew all most to my ceiling then it started dieing leaf at the time so I moved to the yard this started in 1998 and I moved out side in 2003 after I got a new Mobil Home and in 3 years I now am a complete plant nut like all the rest on here so be careful be very careful.:) I love to see it all growing.

14. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Hi Christy, [​IMG] Welcome!

Take a good look at us, Christy, :eek: and be afraid, be VERY afraid!
    We all started down the road to "plant-a-holism" with one or two little ones, just like you. [​IMG]

15. MsPackard

MsPackard New Seed

:-D Well thank all of you for the warm welcome and I will be in touch with all of you as time permits. My first question is if there are any natural fertilizers to put in the plant soil. Someone told me eggshells or coffee grounds but I dont want to do that because I am a neat-freak and I cant have strange smells coming from anything in my house. I also had a small problem with pests but I bought some bugkiller for my houseplants and it cleared up instantly. Are there any methods for pests that dont cost 8 dollars? :?:

16. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Christy I suggest starting a new topic in the Gardening Tips forum with your question as it will get more exposure that way :D