Night Blooming Cyreus - Here we go again!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by cherylad, Sep 5, 2013.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I think I've got this night-blooming-watch down to a fine science. Or should I say, I've figured out that this plant blooms at about the same time... between 10:30 & 11pm. This is the big one by the archway that I got from my aunt.
    I told myself I wasn't going to bother with watching them any more... and not bore you all with more of the same photos. BUT.... it was loaded with buds, so I couldn't resist.

[​IMG]
    Only four blooms? ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Or would there be five? ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

[​IMG]
    How about SIX! ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

I couldn't find an angle that would get a good shot of all six blooms. But you can kinda see them all in that full shot of the plant.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

You do make me laugh cherylad :D I bet you sat and watched them for ages, at least now you know roughly what time! Good luck

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I wouldn't have been able to resist sitting waiting for the flowers to open either.

5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Cheryl,..beautiful blooms and a great shot into the bargain,..oh i would sit watching for that bloom myself,..thankfully it blooms at a fairly reasonable hour, :rolleyes: .

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

SGM... I've had this plant for almost 3 years and it never bloomed until this year. This was it's 3rd time and there's still a couple of buds on it.
    The first time it was going to bloom, I kept running back and forth checking on it. Second time, I set up camp to watch the show. Third time, I went out only once around 10pm and then back again in a few minutes with camera in hand.

Eileen... It was fun watching them "do their thing" but now, I'll just be lazy and run out there "on schedule".

Philip... Yeah...11pm isn't so bad. But what would keep me up really late was coming to the computer and going through the umpteen zillion photos I'd take!
    Then go back for that "perfect shot". Before you'd know it, it was 1AM.

7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Cheryl i bet your heart was thumping,..and wasn't it all the worth waiting up to see such a bloom,.. after waiting for three years to finally watch it bloom,..satisfaction!.