No butterflies!!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by dooley, Jun 3, 2009.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's just me trying to take pictures of butterflies again. No luck so you get flowers instead.
    zinnias
    [​IMG]

sunflowers
    [​IMG]

petunia
    [​IMG]

orange marigold
    [​IMG]

other marigolds
    [​IMG]

corieopsis
    [​IMG]

calendula
    [​IMG]

I'll try again for butterflies tomorrow. dr says I move to fast and scare them away. There were big black ones, a yellow and black one and some orange ones. I think they just see me coming with the camera and they fly over the house. They must fly the other way when I go around because they aren't there either.
    dooley

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Too bad you didn't get any butterflies...but when you 've got so many nice flowers on film--it's no matter for us.
    Those are very lovely flowers, Dooley.

4. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Yes, with pots so beautiful, the butterflies are sure to find them. It will be a few months before my flowers are as lush as yours...and we're having a very cool spring, in fact we may have frost tonight! I've got my vegetable garden and containers all planted, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cloud cover will remain overnight. Enjoy your beautiful blooms!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've been trying for the last two days to take piccies of some Painted Ladies but they are so flighty that I haven't got a single decent shot of them. It's a pleasure to see your flowers though Dooley whether there are butterflies on them or not. :stew2: