one wall same color as ceiling?

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by salty joe, Apr 16, 2007.

1. salty joe

salty joe New Seed

I'm painting our bedroom and am using a deep mossy green on the walls and a tannish clay on the ceiling. I am kicking around the option of painting the east wall that has two good sized windows the same tannish clay as the ceiling. The east wall is oppisite the door, so it is the first thing seen when entering the bedroom.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

2. Loading...

3. katsback

katsback In Flower

I'd look for a close color but not the same,or something totally diffrent, i have moss green in my living room up stairs and it goes next to a beige wall, doesnt look bad, but lighting sometimes makes it look the same color,so if you are wanting it to pop ,stand out,i dont think it will help..good luck!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The lighter ceiling and the wall that you are thinking of having facing you as you enter the bedroom should make the room look longer Salty Joe. You shouldn't have too many colours in a room so it sounds as though your choice is fine.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Joe, any chance of a photo for visualisation purposes? Welcome to GardenStew!

Advertisement
  6. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

I hope it is a big room because dark colors tend to make rooms look smaller, pulls the walls in...pulls the ceiling down etc.

7. salty joe

salty joe New Seed

Thanks all. It is a pretty big bedroom at 17'x18' with a 9' cieling, so hopefully I can get away with the deep colors. Today, I painted the wall with the windows the same clay as the cieling. It's funny, in the daylight it looks like an entirely different shade. Tommorrow, the mossy green goes on the other three walls. I'm looking for this room to have a calm, intimate feeling. The floor will be Brazillian Cherry. The deep reddish brown of the floor should look nice with the mossy walls.

I am not very computer literate and I don't know how to post a picture-I cant even figure out how to get them on this computer. I wish I still had my old computer. Oh well.

Thanks again,

Joe

8. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

note to Salty

Here's a great free Photo site to download easy to use, just hook dig. cam to your PC, then click Import photo's from cam. and there ya go...program is: Picasa2 (you can fix pics. in here too)
    And photobucket is free also and used to post pics. on forums etc.

9. michen_122

michen_122 New Seed

I like this idea of doing one wall a lighter shade, I'm going to have to walk through my house and figure out if I can get that to work for me later on