Only in Texas

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by marlingardener, Jun 8, 2012.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is a real headline, from a real Texas newspaper:

One-armed Samurai Sword Salesman Arrested on Drug Charges

I wonder how he lost his arm--demonstrating his product perhaps?

If I were a Samurai Sword salesman in rural Texas, I might be tempted to take a mind-altering substance, too. It has to be a tough life.

SongofJoy57 likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:eek: I don't think I want to know how he lost his arm, but I find his line of work very interesting. Can one make a living of selling Samurai swords?

4. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

Probably NOT. hence... the new line of business...

marlingardener likes this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Update on the Samurai sword salesman with a sideline: His nickname is "Nubs," which is only second to "Bubba" as a nickname in certain parts of Texas. He also has a record--four felony convictions. It seems that he is not a stranger to the justice system.
    Still no word on how he became one-armed, or why he chose to sell Samurai swords in East Texas.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

If I ever feel the need to have a Samurai sword I think I'll pass on dealing with Nubs. :eek:

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

One night a few months ago, Bubba (soon to have a name change to Nubs) were sitting in the back of the old 57 Ford pickup on a dark, infrequently traveled country dirt road, having a case or three of Bud with his buddies. While using the empties as targets in a country boys version of skeet shooting, the conversation slowly worked it's way around to the subject of knives. First a discussion on which brand was the best hunting knife, then the best fish gutting knife, the best knife for playing Mumbly Peg, even the best knife for cleaning the dirt out from under your fingernails.

Bubba said he had picked up this way cool weird looking knife, got it out from under the seat of the truck and handed it around. Every one ooohed and aaahed over it, declaring that it was the coolest knife they had ever seen and if he could get more they would buy them from him...hence the Bubba Samurai Sword and Bait Shop business was started.

Later that same evening after another case or so of Bud, Bubba picked up the sword and uttered those immortal words ....'Hey boys, hold my beer while I show you the swinging action you can get with this thing'
    Nubs woke up in the hospital the next day missing one arm and with a new nickname. He changed the name of his business to the Nubs Samurai Sword and Bait Shop but the connotation of the new name made people wary of buying those things and the business failed. He had only one arm, his business was gone, his wife left him so he started 'smoking a little something' to help the days go by.

But on the bright side he will probably not have to worry about having to earn a paycheck for the next several years, his food, lodging, clothes, AC in the summer/heat in the winter will be free.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh Toni, that is a perfect example of what we call "Texas incipient disaster," which starts with somebody saying, "Hey, guys, watch this" and which is usually followed by either a trip to the emergency room or a cemetery.
    Remind me to tell you about FatBoy's funeral sometime.