Opinions on Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by bsewnsew, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Whats your opinions on Mozilla use?/

I found it is faster , but I can't put my favorite News page on it ..

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I use Mozilla Firefox. If you can't put your news on it bookmark the page. It's almost as fast. I have my yahoo news bookmarked. dooley

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I use Mozilla FireFox. I have lived with IE, but found it irritating as it suddenly hung up on me, and I had to restart several times per day. Mozilla has let me down only once, and I've used it for at least six months now. I found it easier to use after they implemented the multi-tab-feature too.

Bookmarking has been made easier too. It's Ctrl+D as I'm used to.

5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Mozilla firefox

Dooley & Droopy;

Thanks for the advice.......I can bookmark.. News.
    I also found the IE is giving me a hard time trying to get to the Items I have bookmarked and I have to type them in to make them work........It used to work.
    Wonder what happened?

Thanks again, I appreciate your replys.
    barb

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Firefox has increased the speed of browsing experience so much over IE. The speed increases are two-fold 1) pages load/render faster in Firefox and 2) navigation is so much easier.

I never used to use bookmarks in IE but when I switched to Firefox I found that they were made much more accessible and usable. For example just below the address bar I have a bookmarks bar that has all of my most visited sites available with one click (no more clicking the Bookmarks menu and then clicking a bookmark - 2 clicks). I also have set the bookmarks up so that I can access them directly from typing in the address bar. For example to load GardenStew I just have to type "stew" and hit enter, to access my Gmail account I simply type "g" and hit enter.

I love Firefox. Opera is a great alternative also.

7. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

We have Mozilla Firefox over here too, love it!

8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I switched to Mozilla when IE was flooding me with nasty spams! (and I do mean NASTY!) I haven't had any spams and I like that!
    Deanna
    :-D

9. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

I tried it was not impressed, so went back to the updated IE7 and love it no problems with it...

10. coolalaskan

coolalaskan New Seed

I use Firefox and have for about 2 years. I had problems with IE "encountering a problem and shutting down". What irritates me are the websites that will only work with IE. I'm tempted to contact the website and tell them to "get with the program!" Of course, Microsoft is one of them LOL and you know they won't change it. Just my opinion. :p
    coolalaskan

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I use Mozilla also and I love it. IE is very unreliable and I also hate when it tries to take over my computer when I try to open a site that only uses IE. This to me is most unfair we should be able to choose which browser we would like to without having to be dominated by IE. I totally dislike IE.

Kathleen H

12. monica

monica New Seed

Mozilla completely rocks! But apart from that. firefox is far more robust when it comes to security from spyware etc. I just love 'tab browsing' (but I think IE 7 also has that, I haven't gone back to IE since a long time). You can reopen a 'window' that you accidentally close in firefox. And the additional plugins available are so great. It is the best browser out there.