Peach ID

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by AAnightowl, Sep 20, 2013.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

My sister and mother have a peach tree in their yard that yielded lots of peaches this summer. The peaches have red flesh, instead of yellow or white. The skin is a dark red also, and they are medium sized. I opened her pictures, but they won't download or save to my files. Has anyone heard of this kind of peaches? They say the peaches have a very good flavor also.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Check out these varieties - Indian peach, the Sanguine de Manosque and the Sanguinole peach. They are all red fleshed peaches so maybe you'll recognize which one it is that your mother and sister have.

4. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

thanks Eileen!

5. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Ok. We checked out the varieties you mentioned, and someone else also suggested strawberry peaches.

My sister found these sites:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8079871_indian ... trees.html

http://www.willisorchards.com/product/I ... tegory=252

She thinks it may be the Indian Blood peach. The ones she has are cling peaches, not freestone. She also says they are a bit on the tart side with flavor. The second site she sent is a nursery that carries these peach trees.

I had looked up the ones you suggested on Bing, and mostly they only had pictures of the Indian Blood peach. They said there were pics of the other two included, but I did not find them.

thanks again!