Phew !

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Got the last 2 trailer loads of firewood split, put the wood splitter away until spring. Got the wood stacked in the wood shed and there is almost emough room to walk in the door! Got the last bit of prep for the new retaining wall done, so I am ready for them tomorrow. Cleaned up leaves and sticks in the driveway too. I took down my blind that I used for the turkeys. Since they haven't been through. They are saying rain towards the end of the week and I didn't want it to get soaking wet. My nice clean white cat came up to the back door a while ago, and he had taken a dirt bath out in the driveway. Now he is mostly brown!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope that the rain stays away long enough for the wall to be built and the cement to dry. Thank goodness you don't live here in Scotland as we hardly every get 3 or 4 days together without any rain.

It's good to know you got all the wood stored ready for winter - you'll be guaranteed to be warm and cosy when the colder weather comes now.

Here's hoping you can brush all the dust out of the cats fur!! :rolleyes:

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Eileen, there is no cement inviloved in the wall. It is what they call a dry wall. Now when they put the top caps on, they will glue them on with a special bonding agent.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Even better!! We have 'dry stane dykes'( Scots for dry stone walls :D ) over here that have been standing for centuries - much longer than the ones with cement. Remember we want to see photographs of each stage of the build. :-D

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Ooo, I just love those dry walls Capt! There is one on my way to work that I admire daily :) Can't wait to see those photos!
    Sounds like you were very productive today!

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Your place must be looking really spiffy now.

8. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Now Capt...you just sound like you have too much energy. Bet you'll sleep good tonight. Knowing you have accomplished so much, gives one a good feeling. Wish I felt good! :rolleyes:

9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

You better slow down...too much work going on...isn't that glue great????we used it on our small wall and it is so easy...take it easy...we should be getting some nice days yet to finish up our fall projects..put one of the swings away for winter..we have a wooden one I can use..not many days go by that I don't sit and swing for a few minutes....Sherry