Plant therapy?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by marlingardener, Apr 21, 2023.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

When a plant is sad, do other plants photosympathize with it?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Droopy
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Jane…..chortle. Amazing how a term can invoke ghosts from times past.

Y’know, when I recently went to update my passport, that is exactly what I told the picture-taker I wanted. He said the false sympathy would be free but because of the amount of work that would have to be done…it’d cost extra., a WHOLE lot extra. I told him that I didn’t need any holes filled, I could go to the dentist for that. What I needed was a tiny bit of photoshopping. He then suggested that I could shop-around if I didn’t like his prices. I told him that it wasn’t his prices, it was his attitude. He confidently retorted, Attadude— just keep waffling, the prices just went up again. I sighed, c’mon, gimmie a break. But he answered that the only thing in danger of breaking was his camera. I could see the writing on the wall, so I told him to just get on with it. He persisted, So we are in agreement then? I said, Whatever. He said oh, another price hike. Exasperated, I asked when this would ever end. He said that it was simple— I keep my trap shut, he would take the pic and I would then pay the ever-growing bill and leave.

I silently thought to myself, I can’ t wait to get out of here and out into the sun, perhaps the grass would photosympathize with me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    Pacnorwest, Jewell and marlingardener like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, Great story… exactly the way I feel about dentists…they all charge way too much…. And they don’t ever seem to sympathize with what they have done to our poor jaws;; gums.. but so proud of what they have done adding a big grin when they announce all done… I asked one time for a trip to the child's treasure chest for a lil sympathy toy… after a grinding 2 hour appt. He agreed… I took a small pony squeeze/grip toy and said next time I’ll bring the pony with me to squeeze for soothing myself during the next drilling…next time the dentist gave me a coupon for a coffee house near by as a reward for coping with the picking , poking and drilling . Never a break on the price… I swear he bought a new boat or two from payments paid from the years of my suffering.

Jewell and Sjoerd like this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ta Pac— you had a palpable story as well. Sorry you had to suffer. Dental clinics can be frightening sometimes.

Jewell and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have to admit that our dentist is great. We don't get charged if there is nothing needing done. We have a lady dentist called Heather who treats us and she explains everything she is doing as she goes along. It's not a private dentist practice but an NHS (National Health Service) one which is so much cheaper too. Sometimes I'm really glad we live in Scotland.

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Well my dentist is informative kind and very knowledgeable. Treats all his patients like gold. However nothing against him personally . Im just not on the same page with the torture procedure necessary to repair teeth we have to go thru…
    It’s a two sided profession… Good to stop the pain vs the pain from repair…especially after the numbness wears off. They are all up in your face and we cant vocalize a thing even if choking to death. This is just my reaction to dentistry .
    Its not a nice experience for me no matter how kind and gentle they are , I dislike the torture part. No offense to the dentists. I always prefer a whiff of laughing gas if I need a tooth pulled… at least I can laugh thru the pain… and my dentist always gives me a flower from the florist for being such a good patient. Even though it’s all I can do to keep myself from smackin him…We have a good relationship… Just panic usually gets the best of the experience.

Jewell, eileen and Sjoerd like this.