Postage

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Dec 23, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Postage is going up on January 8th. It is 37 cents now for first class letters, That is per ounce to start. I'm not sure the increments as it goes up. It will be 39 cents after January 8th. I do a lot of e-mail, but I still manage to go through a lot of stamps every month. Some people just won't use a computer. Mostly older relatives that I need to stay in contact with now. Of course, number one being Brian's mom. She is 90 and says she's too old to even care. But, we have a volunteer at the library who is 84 and uses the computer. She just got one for use at home and came to the library for the free computer classes. People are so different. This lady went to Hawaii for a week or ten days this year. Next year she plans to go to Canada. Every year she goes somewhere. I think keeping active maybe makes the difference. Dooley

2. bloomers

bloomers New Seed

Yes,here in Canada ours is going up too.We seem to pay more for less service.I remember back in the day when the mail really moved,that pony express was fast LOL.Seriously,when I was a kid I remember the price of a stamp was 2 cents and that was for next day delivery.I remember the mailman delivered twice a day, and once on Saturday.
    Now, I have sent flower seeds, in a small white envelope, in the mail and they have taken up to 2 weeks to be delivered,and that is with two 50 cent stamps attached.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I remember mail delivery twice a day. Especially at Christmas. The postal people are so friendly and cheery this week. The rest of the year they are slow and grouchy as if they were doing us a free service. They get paid very well here. Dooley

4. maphas

maphas Seedling

WOW BUT I DON'T MIND I DON'T RECIEVE MANY SHIPMENTS OF ANYTHING!