Price of day lilies

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, Apr 28, 2014.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Looked at some on line. Added them all 30 different -it was the price of lumber for our addition .Lot was sold out-and $300. :?:

2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

KK--Some of the named cultivars are very expensive. I can see you weighing very expensive daylilies vs. very needed lumber for your addition. Obvious what choice you will make!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A nursery specializing in daylilies will have many hundreds to choose from without a large expense. The color choices are many. True, the newest, fancy cultivars command a high price but unless you have throngs of people waiting for a fancy flower to show up in your yard, there is enough color and features in the more common varieties to satisfy any landscape. Often nurseries will have sales or specials to move stock to make room for newer varieties. Then again, you could always plant seeds and wait for mystery colors to appear in about three years.

As in the number of daylily varieties, the possibilities are endless.

Jerry

5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

KK, just fyi, at my local Home Depot, and also at the grocery store, the day lilies they're selling are dirt cheap! (excuse the pun ;) ) I noticed several different colors too.

If you're not looking for something particularly exotic, you might want to try some of your local places for inexpensive kinds.