Rain and squash

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by dooley, Jul 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My sqaush was slow to grow and the ants picked on it so I thought I wouldn't have any left. Two days this week we had a deluge of rain. After the first storm with rain, I picked four squash that were what DR terms too big but I think are just about right. Today, I went out after we got home about 6 pm and the vines look gigantic. There is no space left between them. I dug around under them and picked seven squash. Six yellow and one green. The tomato vines are finally growing strong enough to hold tomatoes too. Even the little tomato plants are looking good and growing. They are losing the yellow look that they had. I think they were trying to die before the rain. There are a few small squash left on the vines so we shall see what the next rain brings. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

No matter how much you water, nothing does as good as a rain. Wish we could get one.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I would share if we had enough but with rain on only two out of the seven days we don't have enough to share yet. More, more, please! But, not all at once. Gentle would be nice. Is it selfish to ask for gentle instead of a deluge when any rain is welcome? Dooley

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I really hope you get more rain Dooley and Sharon I hope you get SOME rain, any rain! :sete_076:

Glad to hear you tomatoes are starting to come on as well dooley. Maybe you should get Chance to branch off an arm of her security to monitor them?