Remember the Autumn Joy that I transplanted back in spring?

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Capt Kirk, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

They were just getting way too big for the spot where I had them. So I dug them up and divided each clump into quarters. I put 12 of the 1/4 clumps back in the same spot. Here is what they look like now. They are pink and should be at full bloom in a week or two.

[​IMG]

Here are the ones that I further divided and planted around the tree in the front yard. They have just a tinge of pink to them and are probably about 2 weeks behind the other ones. But they are nice and thick. We are talking about using the other ones and dividing them further and filling in the rest of the area around the tree. And then we will put some roses into that spot.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. DeepWoods
      Replies:
      Views:

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I think you have them in a beautiful place.I have two bunches but they don't
    get big .I'm sure its the Texas heat.They went through 14 degrees this passed winter.They are tough little plants.I think yours are so very pretty and growing in leaps and pounds.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh CK those have done much better than I expected. They've filled out really nicely. :-D

5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Cpt Kirk: your beautiful groupings of Autumn Joy made me pick some up at a couple of trades last year. They are great. Here is the first plants I got last spring. They are just beginning to color up, but have been quite striking in a pot all summer. I even bought a purple leafed variety.

[​IMG]
    Autumn Joy and Sedum planter ( photo / image / picture from Jewell's Garden )

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Yes, I remember the posting well. These have done really well for you, haven't they.
    I take my hat off to you. Well done.

BTW Jewell--your's is looking very nice as well.

7. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Thanks for the comments everyone. We had a perfect summer for transplanting stuff. Plenty of rain in late May June and July. It really didn't get waterless until the past 3 weeks. My grass is like walking on steel wool. I water my tomatos every morning but they are just about done. The days are getting shorter and the sun that they get just isn't enough. I will probably start pulling them up next week. I will keep the biggest green ones and let them ripen in the house. I am already cleaning up the flower beds that are done for the year.