Sending flowers abroad

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by simone9474, Nov 26, 2007.

1. simone9474

simone9474 New Seed

I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this question, but this forum is about flowers and my question is about flowers,....so I think I will find someone here who can help me.
    :stew2:

Yesterday I found an article online about a guy sending flowers to his grandmother who lived abroad. I have relatives living abroad too, but I had never thought about sending them flowers until I read that article. That is such a nice idea - I bet they would be pretty surprised and happy!

In this article the boy says that he sent them via a website. I don't use the internet very much and in general I don't trust online shopping. I found a guide about online shopping which says what you should pay attention to, but I just don't feel comfortable about it.

Therefore I would like to know if any of you has experiences with sending flowers abroad and if you can recommend any florist?

Thanks a lot,
    Simone :stew1:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Daniel W
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm in Europe. When sending flowers abroad, I visit an Interflora shop, and make the arrangements and payment there and then. I don't know if you have something similar in the States, but I bet you do.

4. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I'm also in Europe, but lived in the states. If you go to any FTD place they do have international exchange, you just order, pay there, an they do all the rest by getting intouch with a florist that is in the vacinity of where you are sending,, and its done. So find an FTD florist an you will have no problems,,, :stew2:

5. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

We also have the Interflora facility here in South Africa.

I am sure that if you can locate a florist that is part of the Interflora group then you can send flowers abroad.

Good luck

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'd go with Interflora too. They give an excellent service and the flowers arrive fresh and beautifully packaged.

7. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Hi simone,, I looked up a site for you because in the states Interflora is called FTD. I always sent by FTD to Sweden when i did send flowers. So heres a site that will get you started in sending your flowers.

http://www.italflorist.com

Good Luck! :stew2: