Sending/trading seeds?

Discussion in 'Plant and Seed Exchange' started by carolyn, Apr 6, 2012.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I was wondering if anyone keeps a log on who they send what to or do you keep track at all? Just a thought. I haven't sent a lot of seeds, but I am already forgetting what I sent to whom and I thought :smt100..... Ahhh, I'll ask you all how you do it.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I do it the old fashioned way on little slips of paper with the person's mailing address and what I sent. The slips of paper are still sitting under my monitor in case I need the address again.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

I tend to send an IM or email as soon as i post the seeds,..when the seeds are delivered i delete the IM or Email and put a note in my diary for future reference.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thanks Toni and Philip. I thought everyone else with experience doing this might have a method that was logical...more so than my " I'll remember this, easily" method :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  6. luvdirtyhands1

luvdirtyhands1 Seedling

Depends on how forgetful you are! I'm very forgetful, so I keep a running list of names, addresses, what i'm sending, what i'm trading, when it was sent & when rec'd. Otherwise I don't send what I obligated myself to.... and that's just not nice! LOL.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I think my forgetter is getting better than my rememberer :rolleyes:

stratsmom and fatbaldguy like this.
  8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I keep a notebook here at home by the computer and I used to just jot down notes about trades, wish list, etc. But I found that I was also keeping notes at work (since I do tend to find myself "Stewing" while at the office)... so there was two sets of notes. So to simplify things, I set up some google documents... now I can access these things from either place.

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I don't trade too often, so I save my PMs here at GS to sort through and jog my memory. Which reminded me I really need to sort through them and delete to only one PM per trade. :-?

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Well, I think I will have to start keeping a paper log/book next to my computer, otherwise I will not be able to keep it straight for where, when, what and who. Thanks all.

11. donm

donm In Flower

I bought five Harry Potter journals many years ago at the Dollar Store. I'm on my third HP trade journal. Each trade gets a screen name, an address, what I'm receiving, and what I'm sending. I also trade on at least five sites and add a two letter abbreviation for the site.

[​IMG]

Don

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I use to trade seeds on Garden web many years ago. And plants. Have not in many years. But going to send plants to Joplin storm victims. Lost address where to send to.

13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Don, That is a lot of trading.

Koszta, that is so thoughtful of you. Maybe you can google Joplin and ask at the city hall about where to send them, if they still are needing them. just a thought. or maybe there is someone on here who knows some one close to there who knows someone else closer to there...Maybe they can PM you an address.

14. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

hey carolyn, did you ever find those OSU Blue seeds i sent? :D

i try to keep a notebook handy with names and what i sent. also a backup of PMs. like i said, i 'try'. :D

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Carolyn, I will give that a try.I seen houses built-but no flowers.Just didn't look like HOMES yet. And when I got flooded. Had people e-mail if I had lost things.