sewNsow's kitty

Discussion in 'Pets' started by sewNsow, Feb 4, 2012.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

stratsmom, Droopy, Jewell and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I always find it amazing where cats enjoy a nap. Cute Kitty.

Jerry

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Miss Kitty likes flowerpots for a bed,..and well wrapped around the plant as well,..nice pictures.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nice to see more felines getting into gardening these days. Lovely photos and cute cat sewNsow.

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Awww, I've always wanted an orange cat. She is adorable!!! :-D

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Ain't she a beaut! :stew2: The locations they choose for a catnap amaze me. I've wanted an orange cat too, but so far all mine have been either tuxedo or brownstriped. :D

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

I'm glad everyone liked my pictures of Miss Kitty.She came here as a young kitten 3 years ago. We thought she came from next door & kept putting her over the fence. I asked neighbor & she said no. I tried squirting her with garden hose hoping she would go back to where she came from.But she loved water! So we decided she could stay. Took her & had her spayed & got her plumped up.She loved it here & made it clear from the start that she was to be an indoor kitty. We had 2 outdoor cats & they didn't like Miss Kitty & she didn't like them.One day she perched in the sun on a piece of machinery & got her entire underbelly & legs covered with grease!What a mess.I knew we needed to get it off her so she wouldn't ingest it. I filled the tub with warm water & used dish soap to wash her. She was so sweet & gentle & I think she liked the water.Even now when she hears water running she races to it.
    Doris

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

So she just decided to move in with you? We've got two cats, and they also decided to move in with us. I guess they knew soft-hearted idiots when they saw them. :D

10. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Yes,Miss Kitty knew a good home when she came here.We had 3 other young cats that moved in here,too. Neighbors used to have lots of cats that weren't spayed or altered & were not properly fed. He said they don't get mice if they are fed.You can imagine how these hungry cats terrorized the birds.Anyway these 3 kitties took up residence in our garage & we tried to return them but finally gave up. All took a ride to vet for spaying.There was no denying where they came from. They are cats that have extra toes.
    This was 13 years ago & we only have 1 of those left. Patches,a pretty calico.I tried to have these outdoor cats inside in bitter weather but they insisted on using my graveled greenhouse floor for a giant potty.I got them a heated mat & insulated house in our entryway.
    Doris

11. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

OOOOhhhh another cat lover :D :D :D Our neighbors cats have adopted us too and I love it!!!
    I sneak down to the vet and buy worm medicine so that my husband doesn't know :rolleyes: I really don't think he'd say anything since he loves them as much as I do. He pretends not to but he sure makes a big deal out of feeding all of them and talking to them and refilling the heated water dish and...
    Right now we are feeding 7 sometimes 8. That doesn't include our cat and my office cat, a total of 9!! All are fixed so we shouldn't see any babies. However, I'd love to come across a basket of kittens ;)

12. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Doris, I love your story, and Miss Kitty is so lovely. She looks very sweet.
    Cat lover here too.....

13. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Doris,
    lovely to read how kind you are to take in Miss Kitty,..nice story!,..i used to have lots of ginger cats,..now its all black and white ones,..we have a good few cat lovers here in the Stew,..myself included.

14. Danjensen

Danjensen In Flower

awww.

mine tends to just knock them over then sleeps on the dirt.

15. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Very cute. Maybe she thought that the plant needed some professional staking. :stew1: