slippery floorings

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by violet, Sep 3, 2008.

1. violet

violet New Seed

I have a question in mind, am sure somebody here can help me out...

The glossy and shiny floorings are great to look and are attractive.

But aren't they dangerous, people might slip and get hurt especially kids, plaese tell me where are this kinds used and what precautions have to be taken...

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Many, many years ago when I was growing up all homes had real hardwood floors and they were kept waxed, polished, buffed, very shiny and very slippery. Carpet was way too expensive back then.

I don't remember ever hearing of anyone slipping on the highly polished floors because we were either barefoot or we wore shoes of some sort from the time we got up in the morning until we went to bed at night. No walking around in sock covered feet that could cause you to fall.

The wood laminate floors today are used in any and all rooms of the house that you desire. You can put down area rugs or smaller 'throw' rugs....but those smaller rugs are likely to slip out from under you and 'throw' you to the floor if they don't have a very good backing to keep them from moving.

I guess the only real precaution to take would be to wear shoes with non-slip soles or go barefoot when walking across them.

3. violet

violet New Seed

Thanks.
    I was always fasinated by the glossy wooden floors but was afraid to use them, i think i can go ahead with it now.

:p