Small starter from New York

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Prerana, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Prerana

Prerana New Seed

Hi everyone,

Glad to be a part of this community. It's my second step to rid myself of the 'plant killer' label. The first step was to manage to get chives to sprout from their seeds! It's been three weeks since we got a small window herb garden going with garlic chives, red pepper, jalapeƱo pepper, cilantro, mint and cinnamon basil. We have no outdoor space (damn, new York! :)) but we get plenty of sunlight.

Looking forward to understanding these lovely plants in the hope that they'll thrive in our home!

Prerana

Here are some pictures of the joy in our home! :)

IMG_1011.JPG IMG_0994.JPG

2ofus and Jerry Sullivan like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Prerana and a warm welcome to GardenStew :hi: I'm sure we were all "plant killers" at some stage so I wouldn't feel bad about it. It can be changed! GardenStew members are here to help ;)

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew Prerana from Scotland. Even after over 40 years of gardening I still manage to kill a few plants so don't feel bad. Our members will help you if you're having problems so don't be shy about asking - no matter how trivial you think your query is. You seem to be doing a good job so far though as your herbs all look pretty healthy to me.

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Hi and welcome to GardenStew from Idaho. I think you have lost your 'plant killer' label as your herb garden looks quite healthy to me.