Snow!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

This snow is on again, off again, start again, stop again. But it is starting to stick to the table tops and solid things. The street is just wet, but wait until it gets colder. I am NOT fond of snow. For 50 years I shoveled tons of the stuff. I would not miss it if it never snowed here again. We need rain, why can't it just rain. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

As I said before FedEx it to me!!! I will gladly take it for a couple of days :D

4. dooley

I wish I could do it. How do you suppose FedEx would react if a package started leaking when the snow started to melt? I remember watching a movie, I think it might have been an old James Dean movie about the invention of refrigerated box cars to move produce. At first they were packing them with ice and before they got to the destination the ice melted and water was running out the bottom of the cars. Then they went to dry ice. Now, it's like air conditioners. I can just see them delivering a soggy package to you.

dooley

5. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Does that mean we will get a cold front here?! I hope not! You can keep it dooley!

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Tell you what Dooley, I'll send you all this rain, you're more than welcome to it. :D Do you know I was forced into cleaning out the loft yeaterday because it got sooooo heavy I couldn't get any work done outside. :rolleyes: What a lot of junk we had stored up there!!! Ian's taking it to the council skips today. Now we have space to start a collection of new junk!!! :D

7. dooley

I looked out the window when I woke up this morning. I was tempted to just stay in bed. There is at least 3 to 4 inches of the stuff and it is still coming down at a pretty steady rate. Brian turned on the weather and it says that if you live between 4,000 and 5,000 feet in altitude you can expect up to 10 inches. It will intensify before it quits, maybe on Monday. I think, that the storm is moving northeast, Pinkiered so maybe you won't get it. It is raining in Phoenix and they expect up to an inch. This is the first measurable moisture anywhere in the state since October. 143 days in Phoenix. Most everyone is cheering. Most everyone, not me. :( But, I'm NOT shoveling it. I don't have a snow shovel. It can just melt when spring comes. Probably by Tuesday if it warms up next week when the front moves past us. Dooley