So VERY upset and frustrated!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by budagardener, Aug 13, 2008.

1. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

I left for work this morning a little late (about 5:45am). Patrick called me at work at 6:35.

Apparently between the time I left and when he woke, someone had stripped the front yard of all the landscape lighting (cords where all buried from the front bed to each tree 15' and 20' away from the front of the house). ALL of my flowers, plants and bushes where removed and tossed aside and a large trench from the wiring being pulled up, so sod is all over the place too!

Our neighbors got it too, but all they had was three lights along the sidewalk, they don't plant anything at all.

I am so upset, and ready to just throw in the towel on the front yard all together. Just grass!

Patrick called the sheriffs department and they came out, but of course nothing can really be done.

By the time I got home today, everything had been laying in 100 degree sun all day so nothing can be saved! I've been patiently waiting for so many things to bloom. The black hollyhocks where just about ready to! UGH!!!!

I spent all last weekend planting some new annuals and tidying up because my mom is coming from Ohio tomorrow, and I haven't seen her in many years!

Sorry, just had to vent to those who can understand about where I am right now. In tears!

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

What is wrong with people...I am sorry that happened to you. We had that happen close-by a couple years ago. Some one with a chip on their shoulders , I guess...I will never understand or I am not sure I want to understand what goes on in their little brains...I wish I was close to come and help you try to salvage or bring you things from my garden...LOL

4. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

Thanks Sherry. I guess I was so focused at the big picture when I pulled in the driveway I didn't even notice my miss bateman clematis lying on the ground! Her roots are in water right now, but I am not sure survival of this heat is in the cards.

I do believe in karma.
    It might be hateful to say, but I had to change out one of the landscape lights a week ago. It needed a new bulb. So I pulled up on it and started to disconnect wiring and found both hands where covered in fire aunts. Maybe they where still there this morning!

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Man, that sucks big time. And it is so much more frustrating when there doesn't appear to be any recourse.

I have some Iris bulbs, Glad Bulbs, red or yellow Canna and just bought some black Hollyhock seeds...I would be happy to share with you if you are interested.

Advertisement
  6. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

Thanks so much Toni. I have to figure out what to do right now. Cleaning up first I suppose.

I was about to pm you and ask about glads. All of mine came up green leaves, turned dark and not a bloom on them....I had them in flower pots. Do you have any suggestions?

I can't figure out who would have it in for us. We don't really know but a few people here in our new neighborhood and those we do know are really good freinds.

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oh, no! :eek: I'm so sorry for your front yard. I can't believe anybody needs lights so badly that they just tear apart a garden to get them. I sincerely hope those fire ants are all over the vandals' car and the vandals themselves. Serves them right in my opinion.

A few years back four big thujas in very big, blue glazed pots disappeared from my work. After a few inquiries the police found the culprits. They actually had the nerve to ask if they could leave the pots over the week-end because they were selling the house and it looked better that way. Some people are so self-centered they can't see anything but their own needs. I don't think anybody's got it in for you, they just wanted lights and you had them.

8. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I say vent away. It helps to get it out so you can think clearly.

I do agree that, that i don't think anyone had it in for you, since your limited in who you know there. But i do think it was a case of you had what someone else wanted. I can not believe that people will go that far as to steal instead of saving up for what they want or need. Don't they relize you worked just as hard to save or buy what you have. That just tee's me off to no end. I'm so sorry it had to happen to you, expecially when you have your mom comming to a long awaited visit. I'm so sorry.

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Oh man! What bad news :'( If I were closer I'd come help you repair your yard. I will have black hollyhock seeds, singles and doubles if you would like :p
    Deanna
    :-D

10. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I'm so sorry for you. All I have to offer is daylily seeds, yellow and lavender. Sure hope you were able to save your vine. It really hurts to think that neighbors might be so hateful, but know that you have friends.
    Gardengater

11. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

It was probably done for the copper wireing, by some SOB too lazy to do honest work. Your plants and sod just happened to be in the way. The copper thieves up here are so brazen that they pull the railroad communication lines down along the railroad and burn the insulation off right there. Copper at the recucling yards is going for like $3 a pound.

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I can't say anything that will help in such a dreadful situation. I do sooo hope though that whoever stole your lights and destroyed your garden got fire ants all over them and are really suffering. How I wish we lived neared to you as I would be there in a flash to help you clear up and share my plants with you.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I can't believe the nerve of some people!!
    I'm really sorry this happened to you. May those fire ants take care of those thieves
    for you!

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I find it shocking. What terrible people.

Well, I hope that you don't really give-up on gardening in the front---cos they'd win if you did. It might be prudent to plant flowers and any light features up closer to the house though.
    This sort of behaviour really gets up my nose. :-x

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I don't get what gets into peoples head. Maybe your homeowners insur. would cover the loss?? Just a thought, if it helps any.

16. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Yes,I was about to say what Capt.Kirk did wire stealing and copper tubing is being stolen right and left around here because it brings high price at
    the scrape iron places.