Some of Ron's projects

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by muddybob, Sep 17, 2006.

1. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Here is a cowboy feature in a simple stocktank pond. It is in front of the garage and the first thing I see as I head out each morning.
    Ron had this at his old place and I was so impressed when we first started dating. We have no idea how old it is.

[​IMG]

two from his bonsai collection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The potted plants are mine but he put in an automatic watering system for me. Lucky girl!

[​IMG]

I never knew men like this before Ron.

muddy

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Isn't it fantastic when you meet someone that you just know you're going to spend the rest of your life with and who can share your intersts? :D

I'm impressed with the bonsais - how many does Ron have altogether? I wonder what stories the cowboy could tell us about bygone days!!

4. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

He has around twenty bonsais. He takes such good care of them.
    He and I met at a dog trainer I used at the time. He was terribly shy and we took quite a while to pair up. My mother met him at one of the competitions we were entered in. Ron and I were still just a bit more than acquaintances yet she declared that she wanted him for her son in law. Thank god she waited 'til he was out of earshot before saying it. The women in our family are known to have incredibly clear flashes of the future. Guess this was one of those moments! I've never been one to follow my mum's advice but this one worked out.

muddy

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The bonsai collection looks fantastic Muddy. How did he get into such a hobby? I reckon he needs the patience of the cowboy statue to take good care of all of them.

Great pics and a nice story to boot.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Can we see more piccies of Ron's bonsais please? :D I wish Ian knew how to make me an automatic watering system because if our summers get any hotter here I could definately do with one.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I would love to find one of those cowboys for my yard. Randy is a member of SASS, Single Action Shooting Society....they dress in cowboy clothes, go by aliases and shoot real guns at targets.

Does Ron have any idea where he might have gotten it?

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I would love to have a Cowboy and an Indian in my yard.I do like your hubby's Bonsai Trees.