some photos to share...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by cathskitchen, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cathskitchen

cathskitchen New Seed

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These are the pictures I took in Cameron Highlands. Cameron Highlands is famous for its tea plantation in Malaysia.

[​IMG]

This is a snap of the tea plantation.

[​IMG]

I have this picture on my avatar. This is a lotus flower I took in my moms' garden. It is one of her favourite plant. She have another species of lotus plant in her garden and the flower is about to bloom. I gonna show you guys its picture because that flower is really huge. It is bigger than the size of your palm.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yup! That's my girl. She's 20 months old now. In four months she'll turn the terrible TWO!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Netty
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. GrandaddyDayCare
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Catherine, what gorgeous pictures and the most gorgeous is your sweetie.

The lotus is beautiful, can't wait to see a picture of the larger one.

Thanks for posting the pictures

4. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Thanks for posting the pics I told my wife this morning{CajunBelle} I hoped you would post pics of your DD she is absolutely gorgeous thanks again

5. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Beautiful pictures and beautiful little girl. I especially like the black and white shot.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

What beautiful colors! Your little girl is sweet...I also like the black and white photo. Thanks for sharing!

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What a gorgeous little girl Catherine, you must be quite proud! I really like the photo of the tea plantation as well, what a stunning landscape.

I hope you will be our link to Malaysia Cath, pleeeease :D

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have to agree with the others that the black and white photograph of your daughter is stunning Catherine. :D

The cactus blossoms are really lovely - as are your other pictures - I look forward to seeing the snap of the other one when it blooms.

9. cathskitchen

cathskitchen New Seed

Yeah I love the black and white one too. I'm sure every parents are proud of their own children like myself. I took lots of lots of her pictures since she was born. I have a collection of her pics compiled week by week and month by month. It's insane isn't it. Both my mom and my mother-in-law spoiled her like crazy because she is the first and only grandchild in both side of the family. :-D

10. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

What lovely photos!! Your daughter looks as if she might make your days more than a little interesting. What a sweetie. Love the flower pics too.

11. cathskitchen

cathskitchen New Seed

Thanks Jan. You are right. As a new mother, I always excited to see my daughter growing up and learning new things in her life. I think it is God blessing that He bring her to my life. Oh I just went to your website Jan and guess what, I realise the lotus flower that I took wasn't call a lotus flower. It is actually a water lily. :D But the next flower I'll take I'm sure it is a lotus flower, I hope. :rolleyes:

12. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Lotus flowers are round like balls before they open and then the seed pod is different. But I thought maybe you had different kinds of lotuses there.

13. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos,
    they're a real lift for the spirits on a chilly winter afternoon.
    Your daughter is such a little cutie pie!! What a wonderful smile she has. :-D

14. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Your daughter is a cutie pie. Thanks for sharing her in your photos. And the flower photos too. I love the cleome, I have never seen one that color.

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love the first flower picture .Is that the Cleome? I love what ever that one is.Also your little girl is a little doll.Just so pretty.Yes all us Mom and Grandmother love those little dears.Thanks for showing us some of Malaysia's land what is the climate like there?.Do post more Photos I am
    so excited to have you on the Stew.I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

16. cathskitchen

cathskitchen New Seed

I don't really know what is the name of that flower, glendann. I have never really study about plants just yet.:p The climate here currently is hot and sunny from 9am - 4pm. And then suddenly it changed to heavy rain from 4pm onwards. It has been like this for the past few days and I'm pretty sure the weather for tomorrow will be as same as today.

Tell you guys about the climate in Malaysia compares to Australia. In Australia I used to love the sunny day. I love going out to the parks and have BBQ picnics or even walk along the lakes and feed the ducks. But in Malaysia we don't really do that kind of outdoor activities. The sun is so hot that you can't even enjoy walking at the parks here. The Malaysian are usually ended up their outdoors in the shopping centers or inside the cafes because it is air-conditioned. So now I understand why the people from the west love sun-bathing and I thought it is crazy. Actually your country got that beautiful sunny day with cool breeze while we don't get that here in Malaysia. When it is hot, its really hot here.