some pics to share

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by jim001, Jun 23, 2006.

1. jim001

jim001 New Seed

Here are a few of my lillys.
    all comments welcomed, I just moved into a house with 2 acers. And im going broke trying to fill it with plants. :-D :-D [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Hank

Hank Seedling

I sure like those orange ones.

4. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Lovely lilies! Two acres huh? I went broke filling less than an acre, can't imagine having two to fill. I don't buy fancy clothes or cars, but I buy plants instead!

My only comment would be to buy small perennials that can be divided often, bulbs, and seed. With that kind of space, you could probably set aside large areas for plants others might consider "invasive", but would look lovely in large plantings (like Monarda, daylilies, coneflowers, poppies, ornamental grasses, there's so many more). Anything that reseeds itself is also good. My "annual" snapdragons come back year after year in zone 5a.

Annuals can add color in bare spots, but are not an economical solution long-term unless you happen to have a greenhouse where you can start your own from seed. If you had the greenhouse, you could probably afford to buy them in the first place! LOL

My extended family helped me a lot by giving me starts from their yard. Most my iris came from relatives.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I do love lilies!!! Your cannas are really lovely - I can't seem to grow them here in Scotlanf for some reason. :?:

Advertisement
  6. catkins

catkins Seedling

Those lilies are fabulous!!! I thought you meant two japanese acers, then i realised you meant acres :D Well it is early.
    Catkins

7. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Ohhh my!!!! Sooo beautiful!! :D