source for small amounts of seeds?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by CritterPainter, Feb 22, 2007.

1. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I'm wondering if there is a place that sells something like an assortment of lettuce, tomatos, onions and carrots all together, with anly about a dozen seeds in each. My veg beds are really small, and 225 pea seeds is a bit much to buy, especially since I usually buy via mail order!
    Thanks! Mary

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Do you mean online Mary? I have never seen any packages like this. Maybe you could ask a neighbours or at a local food market if they have anything spare that they may not need?

4. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

You could trade with all of your stew buddies. Take a look at my list to see if you need anything I have.

5. CritterPainter

Yes, I was thinking of online. But I hadn't even thought about asking other gardeners, Ooops, darn independant streak blinding me again :p

Advertisement
  6. LoreD

LoreD New Seed

There is company I've used called Le Jardin du Gourmet (Artistic Gardens). They offer 35 cent packets of seed. The packets are really small. I think that the squash and melon packets had 3-5 seeds. They had pretty good germination.

I went a little wild and ordered about 30 packs of different kinds of seeds for about $11. Its more fun that way.

Its perfect for a small gardener because you can try a lot of different kinds of plants without having a huge stock of seeds.

www.artisticgardens.com

LoreD

7. CritterPainter

Awesome, LoreD!! I think between that and my begging spree, I'll have all I need!

8. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I'll definitely order from here also. Thanks. I get tired of these giant expensive seed packs. :rolleyes:

9. LoreD

LoreD New Seed

Bountiful Gardens has something nice. They have packs of different kinds of seeds in the same packs. There is 30 tomato seeds in one pack but there is 6 different kinds, 5 seeds of each kind. They dye the seeds different colors so you can tell the different kinds. They have a whole bunch of different stuff like cabbage, asian greens, tomatoes, eggplants, carrots, that come as mixed packs.

All the seeds are biodynamically grown.

www.bountifulgardens.org

LoreD