Spring Flowers AT My House 2013

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by waretrop, Apr 17, 2013.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

The girls and I took a walk the other day and this is what we found out in the yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, as you all know I really don't know what most of these are called, and it doesn't matter. I love them all. I do know what the last one is, for it was my daughters. We bought it for her and placed it right outside her front door for her to enjoy. Her Star Magnolia. She got to enjoy it for only one year but now we think of her most tenderly when it blooms. The hubby didn't like the price when we bought it as it was the most expensive thing we had purchased for our yard but now he is very glad we did.

I love to take a wild walk through our little Mountainside Farm in the afternoon with the girls.
    It's a special time for us girls. We wanted to bring, you all at GardenStew, along with us this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keeping in mind that it's still early Spring and none of the gardens are awake yet. This is a gander of what our land looks like so far this season.

Frank, calinromania, Droopy and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Beautiful flowers Barb. Thanks for the walk...I do love a garden just as it is awakening in the spring.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Your blooms are gorgeous. Thanks for taking us along :)

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Daffodils and hyacinths are two of my favourite spring flowers. :D I love the scent.

Your star magnolia's lovely, and such a nice way to remember your daughter too.

Advertisement
  6. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Enjoyed the walk, Barb, thank you....

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Thanks for the little walk around. I can't wait to see it when everything else starts popping up and blooming for you.

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Barb,..interesting walkabout,..it will be far nicer when things start popping up and then blooming,..those Blue Hyacinths are looking very well as is the pink one,..nice to see Daffodils in bloom where you are,..they are in full bloom over here,..what a lovely Star Magnolia and i know it has a more significant meaning when it blooms.

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Dearest Philip Nulty, Yes it would be a much nicer walkabout if things were things popping out. Soon, soon... it will happen. I had my convertible top on my can down today. Does that tell you that real Spring will happen very soon here?

I will take you on another walkabout when it happens. I personally can't wait to see that front garden in full swing. That should be a great place this year.

Yes, that Star Magnolia means much more to us than the average plant NOW...I love to bring one flower in at a time and float it in a crystal bowl.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  10. oubee

oubee In Flower

wow. Those Blue Hyacinths are prolly the best looking-flowers I've seen in a while!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Glad to see Spring is beginning to happen in your garden. One of these mornings you will take a walk out there and be amazed at how much has greened up almost overnight.