Spruced up the hallway

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by silvalex, Apr 1, 2008.

1. silvalex

silvalex New Seed

Hey there. I did a little spring retouch on my hallway. I went with a medium sky blue as a background on one wall of the hallway and transformed a couple of can lights to a more decorative hanging light. Please let me know your thoughts on how it came out. I personally like it, and I think it's a great improvement over the plainness it had previously. Everything cost me about $100 and about two hours total of my time.

What are your thoughts?

2. Loading...

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Hi Salvalex. I think your hallway turned out very nice. I like the mirror in the hall.
    Do you have other interest? Many knowledgable people and friendly people here, someone should be along to help you with any other questions. Please tells us a little more about yourself.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi silvalex. Yes I like it, having one wall a different colour adds a bit of unbalance which I think makes it more interesting. Your 'under the sea' painting fits right in ;) Good work.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well I think the hallway is a real credit to you silvalex. You've managed to take the 'coldness' out of the blue with the mirror and wall pictures and it's looking terrific!!! :stew2: Only one question - what is the floor covering like? Sorry - just me being nosey as I like to see everything. :p

Advertisement
  6. silvalex

silvalex New Seed

Thanks guys! The floor is 24" tile that has the look of travertine (unfortunately it's not). I actually joined so I could get some help with my skylight that looks awful: http://www.gardenstew.com/about9589.html. Any help there is appreciated.

7. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Nice job on the hall way Salvalex. It looks great, nice color.

8. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I love color. I have an accent wall in every room of my home. My bedroom is painted lavender on 3 walls and a medium purple on the fourth wall. So yes your $100 was well spent. And you did a great job!

9. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I like how your undersea painting balances out the expanse of blue on the wall, and the light fixtures are just perfect, can lights are so uninspiring (tho practical)