Statsmom's new Pink Bike

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by glendann, Jun 20, 2008.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

What a beauty her new bike is.Here is her pictures of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This makes me wish I could ride again.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Deanna, that is a way cool bike. Having one so cute will make the riding so much more fun.
    Congrats.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

That's just adorable! :D And such a lovely pink too. Congratulations, have fun!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You should be able to put quite a few plants in that basket if you ride your new bike to a garden centre!!!!! :p

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

great-looking bike. You are going to enjopy that thing soooo much!

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Cool bike!
    I like the planter in the background too :)

8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Thanks everyone! Thank you Glenda for posting this for me :p We call the planter in the back our "Petunia Tree" my grandma saw one similar in one of her travels and came home to tell my dad about it. He built it for her with no plans, just her memory! When the petunias are all in bloom it will be pretty. Our weather has just been so weird that I don't know when they will all bloom :rolleyes: We chose 42 petunias in several different shades of pink, can't wait!
    Deanna
    :-D

9. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Just love that bike Deanna. For all my tomboy notions, I love pink - your bike would match my mobile phone perfectly! :)

10. egoreise

egoreise Seedling

Yay! I just bought a new bike yesterday. I saw a pink one just like that, but with a nifty bamboo pattern all over it. I just about melted.... but I had to go with my plain jane bike because it was on sale for half the price and had the lumbar support I need for my advanced scoliosis.

11. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Egoreis you will love it! I really enjoy the early morning ride to work when it's cool and quiet. Sometimes the ride home is kind of hard but I'm hoping it will get easier and easier...
    With the cost of fuel we have more bikers than ever! Either that or I'm just noticing them now :)
    Deanna

I have 2 reasons for a PINK bike.
    1. I like pink
    2. With a name like Pinkard, it has to be pink! :D

12. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I think a bike craze would be so fun and healthy for this sedentary nation of ours. I prefer swimming at the gym since I have joint issues. That's a cute one - I hear pink is in.

Carol

13. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Great bike Deanna. I love riding but my bike is not that cool. I'm usually toeing my 4 year old in the trailer behind me. We have fun and I know you will too! Thanks for sharing.

14. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I thought about a trailer for my golden retriever but I don't think I'm strong enough to pedal both of us :D

15. egoreise

egoreise Seedling

Stratsmom, it makes a lot of sense that you would pick out a pink bike! I actually envy you a lot. I used to hate pink, then one day I just completely changed my mind.

If I could have gotten a retro looking bike in a fun color (like the pink one with the bamboo print), I would have gotten a wicker basket to go with it. But alas... that would have looked funny with a metallic silver and blue bike with nice rugged tires. So I got a metal basket, to completely clash with my style. Guess I'll have to put my creative skills to work and add some beads and hemp, huh?

I love bikes. I haven't been able to ride one in quite a while, but I used to ride miles and miles between the farms where I grew up, and to every park in Cashmere, WA when I would stay with my sister. Today I went exploring with my bike and found that I've lost a lot of my confidence and I'm out of shape. I'm glad I really enjoy riding, though. I will have incentive to take care of both issues! I'm living downtown in Billings, MT. The traffic makes me very nervous. I'm just lucky this is a bike-friendly city!

16. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I too was very shakey at first :eek: I was ashamed at how out of shape I've become :( It's only been a week and I'm doing much better, you will too. Saturday was windy and I had to pedal home against the wind, I thought I was going to die and it really shook my self confidence. But, I've done ok the past few days.
    Deanna

p.s. that basket is a lifesaver! I kind of wanted a wicker one but they were out of my price range :rolleyes: